Solved

Network Locked, Need PUK code

• 29 August 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey Everyone, Hope you’re all well,

So I’m New To IDMobile (just got my sim today) I bought a sim with carphone warehouse, and tried unlocking it, but needed to do a network code, that failed, now I need my PUK code to unlock,

I Don’t Know What Topic This Would Go Down as,

I’m Not Very Smart With Sim Technology.

Please Help Me.

Cain

icon

Best answer by Kevin 29 August 2020, 17:23

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

How do you do @Cain, and welcome to the iD Mobile side here.

A PUK code, we can easily help you with.  In fact we’ll send you a private message on here now so that we can get the ball rolling with that.

However!  A network unlock code, if that was what you were being asked prior for.  That I believe you’ll need to get from the network of whom your phone was last used with.  As it’s sounding like it may be locked to only work with their network.

You can potentially test out if that’s the case though, by trying a different SIM in the phone, if a family member/ social bubble friend can assist you there maybe?

Userlevel 1

Ok, Thank You @Kevin 

I’ll Try To Do That Now! And I’ll Get Back To You If That’s Ok.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Sure thing @Cain 

We’ll be here to help.

We’ve sent that private message to (to help regarding the PUK code).

Userlevel 1

Hey @Kevin, I Have One More Question As Well (apologies for putting it here) but where would I find my ID Mobile Number?

Would It Be The Same Number As The One I Had Before? Or New Because of the sim card?

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Cain 

To find out the iD Mobile number that came with the SIM, it would generally be written on your welcome emails or any post you received after joining.

It would only ever be an old number you had if

a) you were new to us, and you had ported your old number over from a previous network

b) you were receiving a replacement SIM due to your previous one being lost/ stolen, which would retain your old number and tariff on it once activated onto your existing iD Mobile account

Why iD Mobile?