Question

never received welcome email

Userlevel 1

I ordered a pay as monthly phone through Carphone warehouse with the contract with ID Mobile, I've picked up my phone and simcard . I never received any Welcome email so I can't register my sim card, account or change my number to my SIM card. Very frustrated as there's no customer service to help.

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 1

I am also in the same situation, not had a welcome email don’t know my number and the sim does not appear to be activated as I can not phone any one on it, my phone says it’s not connected to any network. I also received the phone and sim today 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi Both, 

Sorry to hear you haven't received this, I will look into this for you both. 

Thanks, 

Emil

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Kcford96 & @Susannep 

I am back! :relaxed:

So, you should have received your welcome email with all of your plan’s info on it, the day after you joined us.

In the meantime, you can still register your plan on the iD Mobile app or My Account online.

Here’s how:

Step 1: Locate your mobile number on the Carphone Warehouse paper invoice that was given or sent to you with your phone and/or SIM card.

Step 2: Locate your new mobile number on the Carphone Warehouse invoice, it will be printed under the purchase description, next to ‘Phone Number/Contract’

Step 3: Ensure you have inserted your new iD Mobile SIM in the phone.

Step 4: Register for your account on the iD app (which can be downloaded on the App store and Google Play store) or accessed through My Account online.

Step 5: Register using the number printed on your invoice. Once you’ve registered your account, you can transfer your number over to iD in the app if you like.

• If not, that number printed on the invoice will be your new iD Mobile number.
  • You can find more about transferring your number over to iD.

Hope this helps. If it does, please mark this answer as ‘Most Helpful’ using the button below and give it a like 😊

Thanks, 

Emil

Userlevel 1

I received my new ID mobile contact iPhone yesterday, there was no information about what the numbers is and I did not receive a welcome email to state what the number is so I am unable to submit my request to keep my old number. And I do not believe that the SIM has been activated as it is not connecting to the ID mobile network or any other network so I am unable to make any calls or even speak to live chat on the site as I have no mobile number. I feel very frustrated that I have a brand new phone that is not able to do the basis commands that a phone. Could some one please get in touch to rectify the issue or I will be returning the phone and going to another network

Userlevel 1

No paperwork was given to me when I received the phone

Userlevel 1

I email was received the day after order either, my phone is not connected to any network either so even if I did know my number I can not take or receive any calls, I am very disappointed and considering  cancelling the contract and going to another network

Userlevel 1

Was meant to say NO welcome email has been received 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Susannep 

We are sorry to hear your sim has not been activated and you have received no email regarding the mobile number. We will send you a Private Message so we can look into this. To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages.

-Mohsin

Userlevel 1

All sorted now

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Glad to hear this has been sorted now @Susannep,

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Decided to return my phone and cancel the contract as decided that ID mobile is unreliable and the fact you can not actually talk to a human being is incredibly frustrating. I can definitely see it will cause more problems in the future so decided to cancel before it got worse.

Why iD Mobile?