Solved

New customer needing some advice please

• 24 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi, I’ve just got new contract. The phone is part of my daughters Christmas. Phone due 17th Nov. We’re keeping her number so will request PAC when we receive it. The question I have is, are we able to let her continue using old phone with the PAC or does it have to go in to her new phone ? 

Basically we’re hoping she doesn’t know we have a new phone for her! Hope this makes sense 🤪

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 27 October 2020, 17:23

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Peaches08

Welcome to iD Mobile and thanks for registering.

I take it the number is currently on a different network and you’ve purchased a brand new iD Mobile contract with us?

Your old number will remain on the old network until you use the PAC Code to bring this over. Whether you do this after November 17th or if you do it after Christmas is entirely up to you, but it just means you’ll have 2 active contracts, one with us, one with the old network until you do it.

When the number ports over, it ports onto the iD SIM card, so in order to use services, that iD SIM card will need to be inserted into the device. You can use this in any phone, (you don’t need to use it in the new device until after Christmas in this scenario) but just make sure the old phone is unlocked.

Hope that helps, but if I haven’t answered it, please let me know.

Mohammed

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @marski,

We’ll drop you a Private Message now to look into what’s gone on with your order.

Will

Hi im new to id mobile and ordered a phone online on the 9th november. Everything has gone through i have received a confirmation and a tracking number for the phone but still not received the phone. I have checked on dpd and the phone has been requested back by carphone warehouse and didnt even manage to be delivered to my address. Please can someone inform me whats going on as the upfront payment of 49.99 has been taken and a direct debit has been set up yet we have not received the good. Its very difficult to get throught to any one as you need an id mobile number and this i do not have this yet as im a new customer. Thankyou mark

Why iD Mobile?