Solved

New sim no service

• 23 November 2020
  • 5 replies

I received a new sim due to losing my phone. I have inserted it into an unlocked phone yet I have no service?

icon

Best answer by Nikhil P 24 November 2020, 09:54

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hi @savine, 

Welcome to the iD Community! 

If you’ve just received a replacement SIM, you’ll need to activate it before you can use it. 

You can activate your SIM here:  https://my.idmobile.co.uk/ja/web/cpw/sim-swap - once you’ve submitted your information, you SIM should be up and running in a couple of hours. 

When entering your SIM card number, be sure to double check that you’ve entered them correctly, there’s 14 numbers to enter, so I can get tricky.

Thanks,

Nikhil

Hi, thank you for your response. Unfortunately I am unable to do this as I don’t have an account. I am unable to activate with a security code as I think the email I have on file is incorrect and as I cannot get into the phone I cannot have a code sent via text? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hi @savine, 

Ah not to worry, I’ll get one of the team to pick this up with you. They’ll contact you via direct message on the Community, so keep an eye out. 

Hey, @Mohammed, @Ryan, can you please assist @savine get up and running with her replacement SIM. 

Thanks,
Nikhil

I’ve done a live chat so I think it’s sorted thank you 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @savine,

Sorry for the late reply here, glad to hear you have been able to sort this via Live Chat.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?