Question

New SIM not activating

• 10 August 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi, I have received a new SIM but the code I tried to input says it is invalid. Any ideas?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @skitime,

Sorry, can you clarify for us?

When you say “I have received a new SIM” what do you mean by this?

Was this a replacement SIM or did you order a brand new contract?

Or is this an upgrade?

For a brand new contract, the SIM card is activated upon dispatch so no need to manually activate.

For upgrades it can be done in the account via the prompt, but also, as with replacement SIMS, it can be activated on https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/your-sim-card

No code needed, you’ll need the full SIM card serial number.

Mohammed

Hello,

This was for a lost SIM (so a replacement). The SIM card serial number does not work when I use the activate your SIM card via my ID portal. This is what I get.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Have you tried on a different device or browser @skitime?

Will

Yes I have. No luck on a Mac, PC or phone. Chrome, Firefox Safari or IE. Im Stumped…...

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @skitime 

Your SIM card number would normally be about 19 digits long I believe, and should start with 89

Are you making sure to enter the full SIM number in there.  If you’ve lost the card that came with the SIM that had the complete number on, then if you look in your phone settings, you should be able to find your SIM number in the “About” area, depending on the phone.

If you’re unable to find that, then please let us know and we’ll have someone reach out to you here if need be.

Why iD Mobile?