No access to my data in Germany

• 16 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Yesterday I crossed a border into Germany (from Sweden) and now I have no access to my data. I have read all the information about steps to take and have tried everything, including removing my sim for 10 minutes.

I checked mobile data on ✅ 

I restarted my phone

I did network selection, turned automatic off then on. It selected o2-de, local service provider. 

I took out the sim and put it back after 10 mins  

Still no data or 4g but I can receive calls  

I’m paying for a service that isn’t being provided…. I wish to be reconnected please  

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Pamita 

Have you checked the iD Mobile App to make sure that roaming is still switched on there? Although you’ve been in Sweden I’m unsure this would be the issue, doesn’t hurt to check though!

I’d also recommend checking out your data usage and seeing how much data you get while roaming using the data/plan price calculator on our Fair Usage Policy.

Let us know how you get on with this!

Tom

Thanks for your response Tom. 
My roaming is on in the app. 
I have not had any warning messages as described in the fair usage policy. I have lots of data left. My partner has the same deal with ID as me and he now has 4G. (He experienced many hours without it too and cannot explain why he is now connected) I am almost back at the ferry to Dover now and have been without 4G for nearly two days!! I have had to stop to find free Wifi. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Pamita,

On top of turning on Roaming in the iD account and turning on Mobile Data, you need to make sure that the “Data Roaming” option is also turned on in the phone settings.

Have you checked if this is also on?

Also, on a side note, usage on the Ferry is not inclusive so may incur charges, just thought I’d mention.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?