Question

no caller identification

• 31 January 2020
  • 8 replies

I am receiving voicemails (silent) from a caller whose number is not appearing in the call log. What is happening?

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @colt48 

Is there a pattern at all to when these calls come in? 

How long has this been going on?

Have you recently ported a number over to iD Mobile?

Thanks for responding. There is no pattern at the moment. Only for a short while. Last July my previous vodafone numbers were ported over to ID. I shall keep a more careful eye on this if and when it happens again.

It happened again this evening at 1749hrs from 01303209400. Apparently it is Saga Healthcare. There are many complaints on the internet about this number.  I got the number from voicemail as it didn't register in incoming calls. Upon examination of my log I blocked this number a week ago and yet they are  still managing to get through. If I blocked it how do they still reach my phone please??

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

It happened again this evening at 1749hrs from 01303209400. Apparently it is Saga Healthcare. There are many complaints on the internet about this number.  I got the number from voicemail as it didn't register in incoming calls. Upon examination of my log I blocked this number a week ago and yet they are  still managing to get through. If I blocked it how do they still reach my phone please??

Hello @colt48,

The number can be spoofed so it’s possible it’s coming from a different number and appearing like it’s the number above, but it’s actually coming from an entirely different number.

We’d recommend trying to block any iterations of the number where possible.

Mohammed

Thanks but the block option is not there if the caller does not have a number to block??

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @colt48,

Does your phone support a feature where calls from withheld/private numbers are automatically blocked? If so, this should be found within the settings of the phone app.

Ryan

The number called again this afternoon. I only know it called because of voicemail and then the number was quoted only on voicemail. No my mobile phone only blocks callers if you click on the number as it arrives. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @colt48,

Ah okay. The only other way that I know of to block unknown callers would be to use a 3rd party app that offers this feature.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?