Question

No outgoing communication

• 2 July 2019
  • 4 replies

Can anyone tell me why or even how to fix the problem as the sim I got for my child to be able to contact her isnt working as it should be?

Ive tried ringing about this as was told it would be sorted 2 hours later. It wasnt so I went on live chat and was told it had already been sorted and would work from midnight and it still doesnt. Im being lied to and getting no help and quite frankly im shocked at the customer service and also everything about this network so far.

Basically ive ported in my daughters old number to the new pay monthly account and she can send texts and make calls. Both show her old number. But when anybody tries to text her she doesnt recieve it and when you try and ring her you get a message saying this persons phone is currently unavailable.

4 replies

Can anyone tell me why or even how to fix the problem as the sim I got for my child to be able to contact her isnt working as it should be?

Ive tried ringing about this as was told it would be sorted 2 hours later. It wasnt so I went on live chat and was told it had already been sorted and would work from midnight and it still doesnt. Im being lied to and getting no help and quite frankly im shocked at the customer service and also everything about this network so far.

Basically ive ported in my daughters old number to the new pay monthly account and she can send texts and make calls. Both show her old number. But when anybody tries to text her she doesnt recieve it and when you try and ring her you get a message saying this persons phone is currently unavailable.

Please help.
Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @nicannoyed

It is seems like you have ported your daughter old number to iD. It may take 2-3 working days for the port to be completed. I would recommend restarting the phone once in a while to help to establish working connection. Did you register your daughters sim with iD Account? If you did you can check there which number is displaying when you log in.

Resetting network settings might help as well. Just bare in mind when you do it you will need to register all Wi-Fi connections again.

Kind Regards
Te number showimg on the id account is the id number and not the ported in (asda number). The asda sim isnt actuve anymore and she can ring out/send messages but she cannot recieve anything. Is this a normal thing as we werent told that she would lost her phone for 3 days whilst it happens.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @nicannoyed,

I'm sorry to hear this! Porting usually takes up to 48 hours to fully complete before the services will work as normal. How's it going right now; has it sorted itself out yet?

Ryan

Edit:
I've moved your other topics to this article as they are all exactly the same. Please refrain from making more than one topic regarding one issue so we can help more effectively.

Why iD Mobile?