Question

No signal at home

• 14 February 2021
  • 8 replies

I've recently moved to ID and the coverage checker shows "excellent" coverage inside and out for 4g in my area. However I have no signal in my home. My phone has WiFi calling and volte, both of which worked fine on EE. Sadly neither work on ID, which is a pain. Previously I have had a 3g booster from EE to provide signal in my home, is there an equivalent with ID, or any way to get a signal?

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @mememememe 

We are sorry to hear this. Please can you provide us with your postcode so we can check the local mast for any issues in the area?

-Mohsin

DT63HJ

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @mememememe 

There has been some recent work carried out in your area which has caused the issue. Are you still having signal issues at the moment?

-Mohsin

I'm afraid there has been no improvement, still no signal.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @mememememe,

Have you tried removing the SIM and powering down the handset for 10 minutes? this can often do wonders to reestablish a connection when work has been performed in your area.

Will

My phone is turned off each night and sadly there has been no improvement in signal. There has been no signal in my home since I joined ID, despite the website showing “excellent” indoor signal. If only wifi calling was available on all phones capable of it! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @mememememe,

Is this the case on both 3G and 4G? Have you tried switching between the two?

Will

Yes I have, no signal at all on 3g and very occasionally 1 bar on 4g near a window

Why iD Mobile?