Solved

No Vo LTE symbol after switching to iD on Galaxy S20+

• 4 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, 

I’ve switched to iD from EE recently, on a Samsung Galaxy S20+. Before, on EE, in my bar at the top it would feature the VoLTE symbol for 4g calling (as I understand it), but since switching this has disappeared. My device is definitely capable of it, and I understand iD offer 4g calling/VOLTE, so why has it stopped showing? 

Is it something only available on certain plans or do i have to activate it or what?

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 4 August 2022, 12:10

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The feature is not restricted by the iD plan you’ve got. 

It’s available on any of the devices iD Mobile support with this feature.

The supported device list is available in two places:

1. The Wi-Fi Calling & 4G Calling community FAQ
  2. https://www.idmobile.co.uk/4g-calling (scroll down to the How do I get 4G Calling? section).

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

It won't display that on Three, iD Mobile, SMARTY or Vodafone. Unsure if it is shown to O2 customers!

Make a call, if it shows 4G or 5G still then VoLTE is working. If it falls back to 3G then it isn't.

Userlevel 1

Interesting, do you know why it isn’t shown?

It won't display that on Three, iD Mobile, SMARTY or Vodafone. Unsure if it is shown to O2 customers!

Make a call, if it shows 4G or 5G still then VoLTE is working. If it falls back to 3G then it isn't.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

No idea but I have only ever seen it displayed for EE customers. Definitely doesn't get displayed if using Vodafone, Lebara, VOXI, Smarty, iD Mobile, Three and Giff Gaff (I have used all these networks over the past couple of years).

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your help!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Interesting, do you know why it isn’t shown?

I’d speculate it’s probably linked to the IMS (IP Multimedia Subsystem) package used by Three. 

IMS is used to provide the VoLTE Calling (4G Calling) and Wi-Fi Calling services on mobile networks - Three and EE probably use different suppliers for this technology.

Why iD Mobile?