Solved

no Wi-Fi

• 9 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Just bought a new iPhone 13, changed sim and details from old iPhone 7 everything working fine except a few days ago, when I leave the house my Wi-Fi says not connected, no internet, emails, text messages or phone calls, works fine at home but as I’m out at work a lot of the time, not much use, as I’m paying for this any (urgent) answers appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Rory 11 August 2022, 13:05

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The Wi-Fi on your iPhone will only work in locations where there is a Wi-Fi network operating.

iD Mobile do not provide a Wi-Fi network for their customers to use.

You need to use iD Mobile’s mobile data network to get internet and emails when you’re not connected to a Wi-Fi network.

Have you checked the network status, at your location, using the online Three network status checker at https://www.three.co.uk/support/network_and_coverage/network_support?

This is not a coverage checker.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Chipsntea, I think you may be getting Wi-Fi confused with mobile data here? Wi-Fi is provided by your home internet service provider via a router or modem. This has nothing to do with us, your mobile network provider.

Mobile data is the service we provide and should give you internet access on the go. Is mobile data definitely enabled on your device? Be sure to check the settings to confirm.

If it is and you still can’t receive internet access, enter your postcode at the link in @andewhite’s post to check for any network disruption.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?