Solved

No Wi Fi calling

I have an iPhone 6s and my husband has an iPhone 7.  
both on ID my phone has wi fi calling at home but my husband’s hasn’t his shows Network not available  

There is no mobile coverage anyway

We have updated the software, restarted it, rest the network,  reconnected to Wi-fi and restarted again but he still has no network and therefore no wi fi  Calling.  

icon

Best answer by AnnieB24 9 May 2020, 19:01

View original

4 replies

Badge +10

@AnnieB24

You have the following options to try:

• Put your phone into flight mode, leave it for 30 seconds, then disable flight mode.
  • Check that the SIM card is inserted correctly.
  • Turn off your device, remove SIM, and clean it using a micro-fibre cloth. Then re-insert it and try again.
  • Try the SIM card in another 'iD compatible handset', and test the connection in a few locations to see if the SIM connects. If you don't experience any issues with the other handset, your original phone may be at fault.

The sim card could possibly be faulty.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @AnnieB24 

It’s probably going to be harder than usual to test this given the times we’re living in.  Though would your husband be able to see if WiFi calling shows as a possible option for your husband when he’s on other WiFi networks?

Also, has WiFi calling ever worked on the iPhone with other networks in the past do you know?  On rare occasion we have seen examples of phones that were previously locked to another provider, still having certain features locked out to other networks even after the phone is unlocked.

No it’s never worked. We had logged asking for a call back from the technical team(using my number as his doesn’t work at home ) pre lockdown.   

Thanks to the previous response we had swapped the cards over and established that my sim  card 
works in both phones  and his in neither so the problem is definitely my husbands SIM card.

I’m not sure if we can get  new SIM card at the moment?

Badge +10

@AnnieB24 

You will need to get in touch with live chat or send a private message to one of the active ID Mobile employees on the forum to get a replacement sim card

Why iD Mobile?