Solved

not able to receive texts other than iD?

• 21 January 2021
  • 9 replies

New Pixel 5 . Switched number from EE to iD followed PAC code and instructions but am only receiving calls and texts from iD? HELP??

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 27 January 2021, 15:16

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @FionaD 

Please can you confirm when your number ported over to ID? 

Restarting your phone after a port may also need to be carried. 

If you could also try your SIM card in another phone, to see if the problem still persists.

Thanks

Michelle 

Hi Michelle

Thank you for replying. My number ported over Tuesday 19 January 2021. iD account shows new number.

I have tried re starting a number of times, removed sim, replaced, carefully wiped sim all to no avail. I don’t have a spare phone any more as traded in for new phone.

Am really struggling being unable to receive incoming texts and calls.

Any help welcome

thanks

Fiona

Hi

Am losing it here 1 week on from  ‘successfully porting number from ee to iD on new PIxel 5.

I can access data, ring & text out, but still can’t receive texts or calls. Am feeling very isolated at a crucial time.

I have turned phone on and off many many times. I have removed SIM & replaced many times. I have wiped SIM carefully.

I can’t try in another mobile as i upgraded my older Pixel & no longer have it.

The chat bot referred me to technical for more help at the weekend. I can’t  find who was dealing with my problem?

i have posted on community, but initial response was to do what I have already done?

My iD account recognises and shows my number.

Please can i have some person to help me? Is it a faulty SIM or phone?

Thanks

Fiona

So, again still seeking support.

1. iD account recognises my number
  2. I can send texts, make calls and access WAp/data BUT can’t receive incoming calls or texts
  3. In settings my phone is recognised Pixel 5, my email is recognised, but the phone number states unknown. You can’t add the number manually.
  4. I am now over a week on and still only able to access part of what i want my phone for. Likely to end contract as incoming contact remains blocked.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @FionaD,

I’ll PM you now so we can look into this a little further.

Mohammed

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @FionaD,

We’ve already sent you a PM so we can look into this further, you don’t need to make a new topic relating to the same issue.

Mohammed

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @FionaD,

This is the third topic you’ve created surrounding the same issue.

Via our Community, you only need to make 1 topic about an issue and can post multiple times in the same issue.

If you have another separate issue, you can create a new topic,

But otherwise, this will cause multiple topics to be created with the same issue.

I’ve merged these all into one topic.

You’ve already been sent a PM regarding this.

Dear Mohammed

Where will I find my private messages? Not being awkward but have no idea as texts don’t work.

Fiona

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @FionaD 

Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages.

Why iD Mobile?