Question

number not ported correctly ,what a mess

Userlevel 1

When I text or call, each person sees 1 of 2 numbers, the one I was given with my ID contract, and my original one that I switched back to? Also when  people text my original number it won't go through but they can call it Something has messed up big time, I think I just need it re-setting ID mobile are aware if this and doing nothing 

Also don't get OTP from my bank as not going through due to number not being ported properly this is a common fault so you think ID would be able to quickly sort by now 

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 4

If you're using an iPhone, make sure the number in "My Number" setting is the one you have brought across. After that, remove your SIM and turn the phone off for 10 minutes.

If it's not an iPhone, just take the SIM out and turn the phone off for 10 minutes.

Userlevel 1

I have Google pixel 6 took sim out and waited .didn't see anything 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Matthew Britton,

Did you manage to get this resolved or would you still like some assistance?

Kash

Userlevel 1

I still need this sorting ,I spoke to ID mobile via my messages nd they said the technical team were looking into it .I dont believe that for a minute ,as it has been over a  week .both numbers are still active.ky partner gets my text messages showing one number but when I call it shows another .

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Matthew Britton,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Userlevel 1

I replied to your private message now waiting on a reply .This has been going on for a month cannott speak to anyone in person .it is a common issue just look at this website ,yet still nothing .Really poor 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Matthew Britton,

I responded today, if you have any issues, just reply to our PM and we’ll assist.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Nothing has changed and to be honest won't hold my breath ,it has been a month with no answers and it is a commen issue

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Matthew Britton 

We will do our best to get this sorted for you as quickly as possible.

Kash

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Nothing has changed and to be honest won't hold my breath ,it has been a month with no answers and it is a commen issue

Okay @Matthew Britton,

With latest Android handsets, including the Google Pixel 6, I recommend reading the following:

If you started using Messages app (while “chat features” was turned ON), with the number you didn’t want to keep, this might explain the problem.

Anyway, hopefully this information helps get it sorted - good luck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi Matthew, from your latest message I believe this has been resolved now.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?