Question

Number port Saga

• 19 July 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I'm honestly at my wits end. 

When I joined iD mobile, I requested my PAC code from my previous company. What should have took 48hrs to port my number over ended up taking around 10 days - iD told me it was a technical fault but it was in hand. Eventually it all seemed like it was sorted and my number had ported over! Fast forward to roughly 6 weeks later, im still paying for my old contract so I log into my old contract account and talk to someone on live chat who tell me that the PAC code I requested hadn't been used by iD. I told them & sent a screen shot of my account with iD showing my old number that had ported over. They are still claiming the PAC Code hasn't been used and to request a new one so that this will close my old account. I have also asked family and friends if my old number (the one I want to keep) is showing when I call or text them, its not - it was showing when iD told me it was ported over but now seems to have reverted back to the number iD gave me when I joined. I requested a new PAC code but the new one has came from iD mobile and not my previous supplier. I honestly don't know what to do next? 

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

That’s just crazy @ddlcook836.

Have you made a formal complaint to iD Mobile?

The process is online at https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/complaints-procedure.

The OFCOM rules state it’s the gaining mobile provider (i.e. iD Mobile) who’re 100% responsible for sorting out everything to do with a number port.

Once you’ve got a complaint reference from iD, the Citizen’s Advice Bureau might be able to give you the ‘special’ telephone number for the iD Complaints team.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@ddlcook836

We are sorry for all the issues that you have had.

I can see that you have sent us a PM. I have escalated this to the team to get an update as quickly as possible for you.

As soon as I have an update I will get back to you via PM.

Regards,

Kashif

iD Mobile

Userlevel 1

They have sent a new sim card. We're hoping this will do the trick. I have just recieved it today and I've put it in my phone. Time will tell. Its not looking good though, im trying to send a text but it's just sitting at 'sending' and hasn't actually been sent yet. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I thought when iD send out a replacement SIM card, it’s not activated.

If you’ve got a replacement SIM card, for the SIM you first got when you joined iD, are you 100% sure the replacement SIM is activated?

Anyway, hopefully the number you wanted to keep will be back in-service soon - good luck.

Userlevel 1

@andewhite you're absolutely right. It's not activated! I'll go and do that now. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I believe there’s an option in your iD My Account online to activate a replacement SIM card.

The “How do I get a replacement SIM card?” community FAQ says the following:

Anyway, good luck.

Why iD Mobile?