Solved

number transfer problem

• 18 October 2020
  • 5 replies

I transferred my old number from o2 to iD the other day but I’m having a problem. My partner cannot text me. He is on iD too and uses iPhone, I have the pixel 5. I’m able to send him texts but I don’t receive any of his. We can both call each other. I’m able to receive texts and send messages to other people and he is able to send and receive from other people. What’s going on?

icon

Best answer by Kevin 21 October 2020, 18:43

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Which message app both are using. Make sure your mobile number is correct in message app.

You must think I’m stupid right? Is it the right number??? maybe try read what I’m saying again and see if you can understand what’s going on.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Kadaj 

Has your partner just switched to iD himself?  Or has he been with us for a while?

If he’s only just recently switched, and moved a number over to us.  Then it could be that his iPhone is holding the wrong number in the settings.

Ask him to try the following:

Could you go to Settings > [Your Profile] > Name, Numbers, Emails
and then ensure within there that the correct number is showing?

You may possibly need to log out of iCloud or Apple ID in order to make the change.

Another method that has worked in the past for others is as follows...
Turn off the iPhone > Take out your SIM
Turn the iPhone back on (no SIM) > Leave on for a minute or so.
Pop the iD Mobile SIM back in the iPhone > Turn back on.

====

Please can you try to follow these steps to see if it helps with your non-iPhone SMS messages?

1)    Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2)    Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3)    Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4)    If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5)    Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6)    Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”. 

Let us know if that helps.

Is everything else working as it should from your own Pixel?

Hello thanks for the response Kevin.

To answer your first question, my partner has been with iD mobile for about a year now.

We have tried all the steps plus some others we’ve found online nothing seems to be working.

I’d like to clarify that the both of us are able to text others, receive texts from others, make calls and receive calls to others and each other.

The problem is that he can’t text me / I don’t receive texts from him. Although, I can send texts to him / he receives my texts. Another thing of note is that while my number was being ported he texted me and I received it but was not receiving calls from him or anyone else as the port hadn’t finalised yet. But since it was fully ported over that’s when the problem occurred and has been like that ever since.

Once again, I do not receive texts from him. Everything else is fine. I can receive calls from him, he received my texts, and calls/texts to all other people work as usual.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

How long ago did you port the number @Kadaj?

Will

Why iD Mobile?