Question

Old number still showing after PAC code used

• 17 November 2021
  • 7 replies

I’m hoping somebody could help please?

I sent my PAC code off to iD on Friday and it was stated that my number would be transferred over on Monday. I haven’t received a text as promised to say it was complete but as of Monday afternoon people seem to be able to reach me on my old number so I thought all had gone ok. However, in my phone details it is still showing the new iD number and my iMessage and FaceTime are stating that they will delete my old number in 24 days as it is not associated with my phone? I’ve tried various things I’ve found on the internet to update it to my old number with no success! Someone please help?

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Andrew_S,

You could take a look at your iCloud Settings and at your Apple account, to see what devices and numbers are being used by your iCloud and Apple accounts. I’d suggest removing any old devices and numbers you’re not using anymore.

In addition, I recommend the following process:

1)    Turn OFF iMessage (Settings > Messages).
2)    Turn your phone OFF for at least 15 minutes.
3)    Turn your phone ON and tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4)    If it is not correct, please enter the correct number.
5)    Turn iMessage back to ON (Settings > Messages).
6)    Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”. 

Anyway, good luck.   

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you checked the following settings show your correct mobile number?

Settings > Phone > My Number
Settings > Messages > Send & Receive
Settings > Facetime
Settings > Apple ID, iCloud, Media & Purchases > Your device (Device Info)

In addition, double-check the devices listed on your iCloud Find My iPhone page - good luck!

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I have already tried these things and none of them work. My phone is definitely accepting calls via my “old” number, but my new number has not been replaced by it in my settings.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

That’s strange @Andrew_S, did you get a new iPhone when you joined iD?
Was your ‘old’ phone an iPhone? 

It was my old phone, as I’ve taken out a sim only deal. I’ve still not had a text from iD to say that the transfer has successfully completed, so I don’t know if there has been a glitch?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Andrew_S, I also joined iD on a SIM only plan and kept my iPhone and number.

I did get a text telling me when my switch would be completed, but no text saying the port was successful.

If I can remember this correctly, I think I fixed the issue by:

1. Signed-out from Apple ID on my phone.
  2. Turned OFF my phone.
  3. Signed-in at https://appleid.apple.com.
  4. Removed my iPhone device from my Apple ID account and signed-out.
  5. Signed-in at https://www.icloud.com and checked my iPhone device was not listed.
  6. Turned ON my phone and signed-in using my Apple ID on my iPhone and re-checked all my Settings again.

Anyway, the community article “How do I switch to iD Mobile from another provider?” states:

If you do use the iD Live Chat service, type-in “talk to a person” after you get connected to avoid the 24/7 chat-bot - good luck. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Andrew_S 

Please can you try the steps advised by @andewhite in the last message. If you are still having issues with your phone showing the new iD number and it is affecting calls and texts, please let us know.

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?