Solved

old sim card placed in a new phone

• 26 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I have got a new phone, unlocked and I placed my old Sim card into the phone it works but my phone says the number is "unknown".

How can I fix this problem?

I have loaded and unloaded the sim card, cleaned  but still says "Unknown ".

icon

Best answer by Rory 31 October 2020, 15:01

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Open message app. Settings / advance / phone number. Enter your number.

Restart mobile.

Userlevel 1

Hi Peter,

I have tried  your  suggestion, but without success. Number  in in the Google assistant. But just can't  get the  number to appear  in the " About  this phone ".

Thanks  for your  suggestion.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Cpercival76,

Unfortunately, I find that some phones may not be able to read the number on the SIM card, especially if the number has been ported onto the SIM card in the past. Given that it is an old SIM card, this could be a factor too; it’s happened with my own phone in the past.

If you like, we can try to issue you with a replacement SIM card to see if this gets it up and running once activated? Let us know if so and we’ll get the ball rolling.

Ryan

Userlevel 1

Hi Ryan,

Yes I would like to go for the new sim card. I have had it for a while and it might just work.

Please can you issue me with a new card.

many thanks

Chad Percival

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Cpercival76, I’ve just dropped you a private message, so please check your Inbox on the Community here when you get a moment. Just click your icon in the top-right and select ‘Private Messages’.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?