Solved

Oppo A72 Picture Messaging

• 12 November 2020
  • 7 replies

Hi there,

I am unable to send any picture messages or files through messages on my Oppo A72.  I got this phone for work only and need to be able to text pdf files and images.  At the moment I can’t so this is no good to me.  Please can someone help.  I have checked that the settings are configured correctly and they seem to be but each time I just get a message saying Message not sent: Service not activated.

Help!!

Thanks

Amanda

icon

Best answer by Michelle 28 November 2020, 14:22

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @MandLodge 

Do you happen to have a spending cap on your account?  If so, and this is set to zero (£0). 

Then you would be prevented from sending MMS (picture messages) due to them being chargeable (30p each).

You can check and change the spending cap in your account by registering and logging in to our website or the iD Mobile App.

Let us know though if that’s not it, and you need further help though.

Hi there,

I increased my cap to £15 but still am unable to send MMS.  Do you have any further suggestions please?

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

How strange @MandLodge.

You said “at the moment” in your opening post.

Is this a new development, or have you never been able to send picture messages? Is it just one number you’ve tried sending one too, or multiple?

Will

Hi there,

It is a new device that I use for work and have not yet been able to send picture messages at all.  I have tried to send to various numbers and they just won’t go.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @MandLodge 

The quickest and easiest way to get your settings is to use our special settings checker. All you need to do is enter your details and select which phone you're using.

Click to go to the Settings Checker.

Michelle 

Hi Michelle,

I have tried to use the settings checker and my model does not appear in the list so this is no use to me at all.  

Thank you

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

HI @MandLodge 

We can raise this issue with our Tech Team.

We’ll send you a private message on here so that we can verify your details. 

To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages. 

Michelle 

Why iD Mobile?