Question

Order cancelled, didn't pass internal security checks

• 27 November 2021
  • 4 replies

This is really frustrating.  I made an order last night and just received an email this morning informing me that I ...”didn’t pass our internal security checks”.  Zero engagement, no way to contact idmobile to find out what went wrong.  I’ve seen elsewhere on this notice board that it might be some detail not matching up.  Fair enough, but tell me what it is so that I can fix it.  Come on Id don’t just leave me hanging!  Let’s see if we can fix this so I can get my nice new pixel 6.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @idmobilepixel6,

To advise the specifics of what is wrong with the information provided would make the security checks themselves much less effective at preventing fraud.

I’m sorry that we’re unable to go into these details for you, but the systems we have in place are there to protect our customers and ourselves.

Will

Hi Will, thanks for responding.

I don’t doubt that there are scammers out there who want to undermine your security checks, but what about the rest of us?  There are quite a few posts on this topic across the community board and IDmobile’s standard reply is  what you’ve said and, oh by the way you now have to wait 30 days before trying again.  Really? 

Has your company investigated how much business it must be losing?  Surely there is a middle ground between ‘no’ and ‘how can we help you’?

A very disappointed potential customer :worried:

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Something you did or the information you entered didn't match up and triggered their security prevention methods. Will is right, if they told you what that was then it would become common knowledge and then their security prevention methods would be a waste of time.

The loss of income from the occasional genuine customer that makes a mistake is probably lower across the board than what they get through fraud.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hello @idmobilepixel6 I understand this must be frustrating. We use a sales system which takes the personal information you've supplied and cross checks that against criteria set by our Fraud and Loss Prevention team. This Internal Security Check is used to help protect ourselves and our customers against potential loss or fraud.

Should a customer's details flag up as being not accepted against any of these criteria, the order is cancelled and cannot be continued. The system does not tell us what criteria has been flagged against the security check which means were unable to provide any detail to you as to the reason for this.

In addition, our Fraud and Loss Prevention team would be unable to advise what criteria is checked and what has been failed against. To do so could enable a potential fraudster to bypass these protection systems on future orders, enabling significant loss to be carried out against us or our customers.

On this occasion as the internal security check hasn't passed, we've been unable to proceed with your application, resulting in the cancellation of your order.  I'd advise against trying to reorder within the next 30 days, as it is possible the internal security check will fail again within this time frame.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Why iD Mobile?