Solved

OTP not coming through from my bank

• 16 January 2021
  • 46 replies

I am not receiving OTP messages from my bank, this in only since I changed to ID MOBILE, I have verified with my bank that they are being sent, this is a network issue, your company has blocked PUSH MESSAGING.

Can you advise your course of action please, if you cannot resolve this issue I’ll be forced to cancel my contract as it’s not fit for purpose.

Regards

Steve

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 18 January 2021, 13:24

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

46 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @SRM1,

I’m really sorry to hear you’re having issues with not receiving OTP texts from your Bank.

We’ve sent you a PM so we can investigate this further with our TechTeam.

Mohammed

Hi, I'm having the same problem, OTP texts stopped coming through. I received OTPs to my number up until the 8th of Feb. Bank says that texts are being sent to my number. The advice given by your chatbot hasn't helped. Please look into this issue as a matter of urgency, as this issue is affecting my finances. Many thanks in advance.

>>Update to the above; it appears that I am receiving OTPs from other providers but not from this specific Bank (which is an international bank). The bank stated that everything seems fine at their end and messages are being sent to my number.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Fmac 

sorry to hear you’re having issues with not receiving OTP texts from your Bank.

We’ve sent you a PM so we can investigate this further with our TechTeam.

-Mohsin

Just trying to register a new phone and not receiving OTP from Santander. They are issuing them but blocked by ID?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @JSedgwick 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview 

We’ll see you there.

-Mohsin

I’m having issues with receiving OTP from my bank. Can anyone give me help to overcome this issue? Thanks Ian 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Ianproc,

It’s always best to double check that the Bank have the correct number.

Were you able to receive these before? Have you recently ported in?

Kash

Just signed up with I'd mobile and kept my old number. Tried to log on to my santander account but  not receiving OTP from Santander. My text is working, just not getting OTP. 

Can you help😢

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Nev Taylor,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

I am not receiving OTP messages from my bank, this in only since I changed to ID MOBILE, I have verified with my bank that they are being sent, this is a network issue, your company has blocked PUSH MESSAGING.

Can you advise your course of action please, if you cannot resolve this issue I’ll be forced to cancel my contract as it’s not fit for purpose.

Regards

Steve

I am having the same issue with Whatsapp verification 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Alasdair Fraser,

Is it only Whatsapp you are having issues with?

I would advise to check the number along with the country code and try again.

Kash

Hi, I’m also not receiving OTP messages from my bank.  The number they hold is correct and all other messages work fine, could the TechTeam please private message me to help fix it - Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@AJSmith,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

There is no way to reply to the Private message I have received from iD Support (https://community.idmobile.co.uk/members/id-support-28777)

Instead of a “Reply” box it says “This member can only receive messages from members they are following.”

It looks like iD Support needs to follow me before I can reply, can you sort that out?

Thanks

@Kash Private message still doesnt let me reply, it just says:

“This member can only receive messages from members they are following.“

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@AJSmith,

We are following you so you should be able to Private Message us now.

Can you give it a go and let us know how you get on?

Kash

I have recently switched over to ID mobile and am not receiving OTP messages from some banks and cards. I have trawled threads for a fix.

I have turned off my phone for more than 10 mins 

I have checked apn settings 

I have tried it in another phone 

I have check message settings 

I used to work for carphone warehouse and it's not the phone or the banks or card providers. 

Please provide the fix and please just write that people need to contact you to fix it OR say you can't fix it straight up and we can go to a network that better suits us.

Awaiting your message to say a pm on my community account to discuss further.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Jason Fox ,

We’ll see you there.

Kash

I have the same issue. Transferred from Vodaphone and unable to set up any of my online banking or credit cards as the OTP or passcodes required to be sent by text message are not getting through.

I seem to be receiving messages from friends but nothing from several banks I have tried. Looking at the thread this is happening to lots of people so please advise the fix.

Thanks

Above says I have a reply but I am unable to read it? How do I read?

Not a good start to life with ID Mobile!

I have the same issue. Transferred from Vodaphone and unable to set up any of my online banking or credit cards as the OTP or passcodes required to be sent by text message are not getting through.

I seem to be receiving messages from friends but nothing from several banks I have tried. Looking at the thread this is happening to lots of people so please advise the fix.

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Does this work, we’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

We’ll see you there.

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I have also recently transferred to iD from Vodafone and now cannot receive OTP messages. This is causing me a lot of problems with important financial transactions that I cannot complete.

Online chat are not able to help and all apparent ‘solutions’ have been tried but I am still not receiving the messages.

Can you please help.

Many thanks,

Stuart.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi,

I have also recently transferred to iD from Vodafone and now cannot receive OTP messages. This is causing me a lot of problems with important financial transactions that I cannot complete.

Online chat are not able to help and all apparent ‘solutions’ have been tried but I am still not receiving the messages.

Can you please help.

Many thanks,

Stuart.

Hello @StuartGlu,

Posting in this iD online community isn’t real-time, so it could be several days or longer before iD Mobile read your post.

Sounds like there’s an issue with your iD account, which they’ll need to fix. 
It’ll probably be quicker for you to PM iD Mobile via facebook or twitter.

Best to contact iD between 9am - 6pm - that way you can PM with a real person.

Good luck.

Hi,

Can you please help.

Many thanks,

Stuart.

Hi Stuart,

The tech team contacted me directly on here after I posted. Not sure if the tech team ultimately fixed this or it just takes a few days to sort itself out however mine now all works so hopefully that gives you something positive. 

Cheers 

Why iD Mobile?