Solved

Outstanding balance requested but I have a direct debit agreement

Userlevel 1

Hello. I’ve just logged on to my iD account to check how many minutes I have remaining in my allowance (plenty!), only to find a message banner at the top saying there is an outstanding balance of my regular monthly payment and requesting payment. I can’t understand why, as there is a direct debit agreement set up, which you have been using to take the money from my bank account every month without a problem since it was set up earlier this year when I joined iD Mobile. When I go to My billing it says twice as much will be due by the July payment date. However, you have yet to take June’s payment. It’s due on 17th of the month and usually comes out of my bank account on 18th or thereabouts. I’ve contacted my bank and they say there is no problem at their end. What’s going on, please? There is no outstanding balance. By the way, I tried logging a complaint via www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-support-complaints-procedure as directed by an iD voicemail but I get a 404 - Page Not Found message coming up for that URL. Thanks.

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 17 June 2021, 08:11

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

24 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

The link is:https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/complaints-procedure

Userlevel 1

Thank you, @WelshPaul. iD Mobile needs to correct its voicemail message then. Just double-checked and it definitely gives the URL aswww.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-support-complaints-procedure.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I got the link from the footer of idmobile.co.uk. I guess at some point ID Mobile have done some work on the website and forgot to update the voicemail recording to reflect that change.

A member of the forum staff will see your post sometime today and should reach out to you and offer some assistance. Good Luck👍

Userlevel 1

Many thanks, @WelshPaul.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Cosmic Hobo 

We are sorry to hear that. So we can check to see if there is any outstanding payments on your account and to see if your direct debit is active with us we’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

-Mohsin

Userlevel 1

Hi @Mohsin Many thanks for getting back to me. This is going to sound daft – and I’m possibly being dim – but there doesn’t appear to be a field in my Community Account in which to reply to your message.
Cosmic Hobo.

Userlevel 1

@Mohsin – There isn’t a Reply button either that I can see, sorry.

Userlevel 1

Message threads with other people have a reply field, so I can’t understand why one isn’t showing after your message @Mohsin

Userlevel 1

@Mohsin – There’s a box at the end that says “This member can only receive messages from members they are following.” Perhaps that’s why I can’t reply. Do you need to follow me?

Userlevel 1

@Mohsin – Have PMed you :slight_smile: Thanks.
Cosmic Hobo.

Userlevel 1

Everything seems to be OK now. The message disappeared from my iD Mobile dashboard, and looking at my bank account today (18th June) the direct debit is due to happen as normal. Not sure what was going on before other than it being a blip by iD.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Oh good, thanks for letting us know @Cosmic Hobo.

Sorry for the confusion surrounding the Private Message situation. Please let us know if you need anything else.

Will

Hello, I currently have this issue, awful that you cannot speak to a customer service agent on the phone. Not the first time I have had direct debit issues with this company. I would also like to know if it is possible to pay off the contract so I can cancel, the phone is not worth the cost of the contract and it advises I am unable to upgrade for another 7 months.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @cheryln 

We are sorry to hear this. Please can you advise on what direct debit issues you are having? 

I can confirm if you wanted to cancel the contract today, you have the option of paying the remainder of the contract off in one go. You can also request a PAC code by texting PAC to 65075 and then once you have ported your number to another network, your final bill be produced which will include this cost.

-Mohsin

Userlevel 1

I had a similar issue last month because the Direct Debit (DD) was due over the bank holiday weekend.

I’ve now had a similar email today saying the bill is due but I pay by DD - I’ve checked my bank and the direct debit is still in place, I haven’t cancelled it, I can’t get a hold of anyone on 7777, the live chat doesn’t work and I can’t log into my account because the connection gets reset.

I’m not happy with these emails when the problem doesn’t appear to be with my bank account (which says that the last payment was taken on 26th August 2021, but it didn’t come out until 31st August).

I’m going to sit tight in case it’s another case of the DD being asked for on the 26th Sept, which was a Sunday, and therefore not a banking day: I’ve worked for utility companies, and none of them were allowed by their regulators to issue a “bill overdue” message to a customer who pays by DD if the DD was called for on a non-working day.

Userlevel 1

I’ve also had an email saying I’ve cancelled my direct debit, which I haven’t, and there is an outstanding payment to be made or my line will be cancelled. The app wont load, can’t get through on 7777 and there is no answer from the id mobile Facebook page.

Userlevel 1

I’ve just posted about the same thing, it looks like IDmobile has some sort of of billing problem.

Not good for feelings of confidence.

Userlevel 1

I have had exactly the same email. My DD is still active. Hope this gets sorted quickly as it is for my son's phone and he needs it for school.

Userlevel 1

I have received the same email and have a DD set up. I’ve checked with my bank and they say that it’s all still live but ID have not tried to take it to date. I am also now locked out of the app. Tried to call but just get directed to this community or chat! Most unsatisfactory. Just want to see if this is spam or whether there is a real issue. Having second thoughts about ID as a provider given poor experience when an a issue arises. 

Userlevel 1

@Tessa Yates I had the same email around a month ago - their system isn’t smart enough to recognise when DDs fall on a weekend or bank holiday and it still works on the principle of “DD date = payment date” when banks don’t.

It’s a poor way to work - electricity, gas and water companies can’t work like this (Ogem and Ofwat would be all over them like ants on a picnic really quickly if they tried it)

Userlevel 1

I have received the same email and have a DD set up. I’ve checked with my bank and they say that it’s all still live but ID have not tried to take it to date. I am also now locked out of the app. Tried to call but just get directed to this community or chat! Most unsatisfactory. Just want to see if this is spam or whether there is a real issue. Having second thoughts about ID as a provider given poor experience when an a issue arises. 

Rubbish service , it is an IT issue with ID , hopefully they will sort it quickly , be good if an employee could answer on here 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Unable to access my online account at present and my wife’s ID Mobile account stated earlier that there is an outstanding bill and like others she has a direct debit setup. 

Userlevel 1

@WelshPaul I’m seeing the same things. When I tried the app, it failed to even connect to the server, so something’s borked.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi all,

We are sorry for this. We have experienced an issue with customers not able to log in along with billing demands being sent in error.

More information can be found here: 

https://community.idmobile.co.uk/announcements-16/customer-notice-id-mobile-app-is-unavailable-for-some-customers-45621

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?