Question

Overpaid Bill

Userlevel 1

My last bill said I owed £54 so I paid an extra £55 and bow I see I've paid a bill of £48. Why did I pay the extra I dont get it. I can't wait to cancel this contract, 1D is rubbish.

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

iD Mobile isn’t rubbish, your ability to pay your bills on time is the issue here. Setup a direct debit and you wouldn’t have such issues. 

Userlevel 1

I do pay by direct debit however my bill was getting a bit high so I did a one of payment on top of that but it looks as if I paid £90 odd pounds last period

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 1

Paid £48.39 on the 2 Jun and £55 one off payment on the 7th Jun. I don't get it I paid in £104 in one mouth?????????

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

The screenshot shows payments made but no actual bills. You'd have to look at the bill to see a breakdown of said charges. If you have a direct debit setup, why not wait for the bill to be printed and taken on the due date?

What is your basic monthly charge supposed to be? (I'm guessing £26.99)

Userlevel 1

Yes

Userlevel 1

The bill shows to me as £48.39 so if I pay £55 to pay that it should in a slight credit but i paid £104 ish. The £55 should have paid off the £48.39 so one payment. Then it would start again from the beginning gor the next month.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Without looking at a bill it’s hard to say, but i’m going to make a guess that a direct debit amount of £48.39 was taken via direct debit on the 2/6/22 (or the iD Mobile billing system thinks it was). If the direct debit was returned unpaid then it can take a few days before your account reflects this. Any overpayment due to the manual payment you made of £55 isn’t lost, it gets credited off your next bill.

Userlevel 1

I'll wait and see thanks for you time

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Tinymartin 

If there are any over payments they’ll stay as a balance on your account and any future bills will dig into that balance before charging from your bank (provided you have your active direct debit).

Are you still having issues with this? If you are let us know and we can message you privately to take a look closer into your bills and should there be any over payments, refund them!

Tom

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the time. I'll see what my next bill says. Cheers

Why iD Mobile?