Solved

PAC request issue

• 16 February 2021
  • 15 replies

I have already sent a question out asking for assistance with this but still haven’t had a reply. 

I sent my pac request off a few days ago and received a message stating that there was an issue with my request, specifically stating that one of the details I entered was incorrect. 

Can I please get through to someone to fix this? 

icon

Best answer by Kevin 16 February 2021, 15:26

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

15 replies

Hi mate,

I am having the exact same issue. Today is supposed to be my porting day and I have completed the form online which was ambiguous as to whether it had worked or not so I downloaded the ID Mobile app and resent the request. I have since received the same message as you even though I am sure the details are correct and so I now have no idea whether my number is being ported today or not. Currently I’m walking around with two phones not knowing which has my actual number on it!

Can someone please let me know also whether this is a problem on my end or ID Mobile’s?

Yeah I’ve been going off two phones for the last few days now. I was going to give it to the end of today before I write a complaint as this is my porting day too. It’s the fact that there’s no number to call either. All communication is through this platform and I’m noticing a lack of consistency in the support given back to the “community” questions. 
I initially thought I was doing something wrong on my end, but if you’re reading this then they definitely should too. 
let me know if you get through to someone on this though. Just seems like something that should easily be resolved. Cheers 👍

The fact that there doesn’t seem to be a single way of getting through to a human on the phone or even a live chat doesn’t fill me with confidence. I’m not sure what they meant when they said there’s been a problem and to contact customer services because as far as I can see this is all the customer service they provide, at least at the moment anyway. I hope I’m wrong and this is all either a non-issue or is sorted quickly but it doesn’t look great so far.

I’ll let you know if I hear anything or if mine goes through.

Yeah I’ve been going off two phones for the last few days now. I was going to give it to the end of today before I write a complaint as this is my porting day too. It’s the fact that there’s no number to call either. All communication is through this platform and I’m noticing a lack of consistency in the support given back to the “community” questions. 
I initially thought I was doing something wrong on my end, but if you’re reading this then they definitely should too. 
let me know if you get through to someone on this though. Just seems like something that should easily be resolved. Cheers 👍

I’ve just had a text to say my number has transferred. I’ve switched my old phone off and restarted the new one and rang myself and my old number is now on my new phone so it seems like the message from ID Mobile saying there was a problem was not true.

If you’ve got the app and it says that today is your port day then hopefully yours will go through as well.

Yeah it’s worked for me too! 
I still don’t understand why we received that ‘incorrect’ message and why couldn’t get through to anyone though.

At least it’s sorted now. I’m glad you got your number sorted as well. 

Cheers 👍

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Ben Mccadden, @Shominy 

You can always post a question on here (which one of us at iD Mobile will always take a look in on and reply) if you ever need help.

The Live Chat Team through our website would be the best way to go if you’re looking for help sooner though.

Nevertheless, great to hear both your ports have completed.  Number ports do take 1-2 working days to complete usually, so if you submitted the details anywhere between late in the day Friday, to Sunday, then it wouldn’t be until Monday that things started to progress.

If you’ve submitted the details more than once then it would likely tell you something was wrong online too.

Generally speaking, we’d advise to register your iD Mobile accounts on our website and then log in and use the “Keep My Number” section to provide us with your PAC details.

I’ve returned phone and cancelled contract 

could forum advise how I request my number 

( pac code ) returned from ID mobile 

ian 

This site is a nightmare tbh 

ID mobile can you plz return my number 

as requested ( pac ) number 

Ian canham 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @666beast 

We will send you a Private Message to help with this. To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages.

-Mohsin

I want a pac code please. Unable to get my issues responded to and resolved so will leave. If someone at iDcould contact me please. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Charl13,

Text PAC followed by your date of birth in DDMMYY format to 65075 to receive a PAC from ourselves.

If you require anything else after trying this, or would like to let us know what the initial issue was so we can try resolving that for you, please let us know and we’ll gladly provide further assistance either way.

Will

Thanks. I got the pac code. Still no resolution of the bundle I purchased and which has gone out of my bank, two further charges of a penny when trying to resolve it and still no bundle showing, and you having my bank card as expired on the app when it isn’t. Would like this sorting please. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Charl13,

We’ll send you a Private Message now to assist you with that.

Will

I have a pac code from O2 and trying to enter it into your system online and through live chat on two separate conversations but keep being told it’s too long, it isn’t! O2 said it’s a known fault your end - help! I’m about to return the new phone...

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Emmaclarkson 

We are sorry to hear this, are you trying to do this online through the link below:

https://switching.idmobile.co.uk/

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?