Question

PAC Transfer Partly Failed

• 27 June 2022
  • 5 replies

I was excited to join a “no-frills” network, and not be consistently bombarded with offers that were of no interest to me. As a result, I was excited to join ID, but so far it has been a nightmare.

I bought my contract last Thursday (23 June) from Carphone Warehouse and the employee put in my PAC code straight away while I was in store.

He advised me that the process would take 24 hours, and that once my old phone was disconnected, the old number would transfer across. 

He was partly right - my Vodafone connection on the old phone was disconnected the next day (Friday 24 June), showing that the PAC has been used. However, my new Handset still does not show the old number. It is using the “temporary” number issued by ID. 

I cannot input the desired number myself as the ID app says the details are wrong (they are not, and I gather from reading other topics that this happens when the PAC process has already been started).

So now I am in a limbo where I have used my PAC, Vodafone has given up the number, but it has yet to be applied to my new phone. I have done 2 live chats with ID representatives but none of the suggestions have worked. They confirmed that the PAC process was submitted for the old number and claimed that it is all complete on ID side, but I am still stuck without the number. 

I’ve restarted the phone many times, taken out and re-inserted the SIM, and followed all sorts of other troubleshooting steps. I think something has to be done by ID to resolve this, so would appreciate someone looking into this.

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

What handset are you using?

Can you make and answer calls?
Can send and receive text messages?

Have you been back to Carphone Warehouse for assistance - after all, they sold you the device and airtime plan. 

Thanks for your reply!

It's a Google Pixel 6 Pro.

I can make and receive both calls and texts; they show as the new number though, not the old one that I want.

iD claim that it has been processed on their end, and so it seems that the problem is with them. I could make the trip into town to see carphone warehouse but I'm not sure what they'd be able to do without access to iD systems.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @callum_1991, have you tried a network reset?

Yes, this was one of the ideas suggested by a representative in the online chat but did not achieve anything.

I've also tried taking the SIM out, switching off the phone, creating a "ME" entry in contacts with the desired number, and many other things that have been suggested online.

Sadly, nothing has worked.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @callum_1991,

Are people able to call and text you using the number you wanted to keep - i.e. your ‘old’ number?

With latest Android handsets, I suggest checking:

• Settings > About Phone (or About Device) > Status (or Phone Identity) > SIM Status

Or something similar - your ported-in mobile number should be shown there - if not, it’s likely your number port hasn’t been completed properly.

Contact iD using Live Chat, and tell them you’ve got a split-port issue, and ask them to check your network account and verify that your number port was completed correctly. 

FYI, the OFCOM mobile number porting rules state it’s the gaining provider (i.e. iD Mobile), who’re responsible for porting the number.

Good luck.

Why iD Mobile?