Question

Payment taken twice again.

• 8 April 2021
  • 5 replies

I have a direct debit with ID mobile. Payment was recieved 03/04/21. 5 days later they tried to take a further £30.99. I spoke to an agent, they could apparently only see one payment on the system. I had saved £10 to get to work, as I didn't get paid until the following day. Well that was a silly idea considering I'm with ID mobile. Not only are you trying to take money I do not owe you, but I also missed a day at work. So all in all I'm about -£105.99 in the red. Yeah thanks for that, really appreciate it. I can't wait until my contract ends. And don't respond to this with a 'We are really sorry to hear this' message, because it won't wash with me. Your not sorry, it doesn't affect you, and you simply say it because that's what's in the script. I have been loyal to ID and paid every month without fail, and this is how you treat your customers. Ridiculous, honestly it's beyond a joke. Your customer service is an absolute joke as well. If I had the money I'd terminate the contract immediately. 

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

HI @JoeDee26 

Please check your direct debit settings on your iD app to see how often your direct debit is due to come out. Once you've logged in, navigate to 'My Billing', and then to 'Manage my Direct Debit'. Then click on 'Change my Direct Debit date'. You can then choose a new date from the drop-down menu.

-Mohsin

Nothing to do with that

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

HI @JoeDee26 

Please can you check to see what the current direct debit cycle is set to on your iD account? We have seen instances where payments are set to every 2 weeks in error. 

-Mohsin

I paid on the 3rd, my next payment was due next month on the 4th. Normally payment is taken around the 20th. I will be paid with in the next few hours and if payment goes through I will not be paying for this phone or contract. That's a fact, I've been loyal since day one.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @JoeDee26,

The 3rd of April landed on a Saturday, and as you may or may not know, Direct Debits that land on a weekend or a bank holiday will be taken on the next working day, so this will likely explain why the payment was taken on a different date than usual. Coupled with the fact that it was a bank holiday on Monday, it will have delayed the payment showing in your bank even further.

We will send you a PM now in order to confirm if this is what happened and if we see two payments on the account, but what I explained above is highly likely to be the case.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?