Question

Phone goes straight to answerphone

• 24 June 2018
  • 7 replies

I have been having trouble in that my phone does not ring but goes straight to voice mail moist of the time I have phoned twice and was given the following codes but they both came up with unknown error?
Dial *61*123*10*30# then *161*123*10*30#

I then looked on your website and it said I must use **61*123**30# but this still come back with unknown error?

What can I do to fix my problem? I have found that it dose seem to ring ok if I turn off voicemail but that is not the correct answer as when I turn it back on again I still have the problem?

Please help?

Best regards Brian Barton

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Dylbilly,

Welcome to the iD Community.

It seems you're trying to increase the time between calls before this goes to Voicemail if I'm correct.

By default, it's set to 30 seconds but you can amend this to anything between 5 and 30 seconds.

To amend this, as you've pointed out you'd need to dial **61*123** followed by the number of seconds you'd like it to ring for and then # at the end.

As you're getting an error with 30 seconds, can you try 25 seconds like below?

**61*123**25#

Dial this into your phone and let me know what happens.

Mohamed
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Dylbilly,

We would recommend getting in touch with our Live Chat team in regards to having this looked into. We will also PM you now with alternative methods of how to have this resolved.

Ryan
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hey @Spikeyman,

Call forwarding options should be amendable within the call settings of the device which you are using. What phone have you got? We can see about advising you further as best as we can to try and resolve this.

Ryan
I have tried several last 2 digits but get the same error every time. I have just tried it again now and no luck.

Thanks for your reply.
The error messageI get is all the following:

Error performing request
Unknown Error

Setting Registration Failed
Voice Call Forwarding
When Unanswered

Data Call Forwarding
When Unanswered

Fax Call Forwarding
When Unanswered
Userlevel 1
I want to set-up the voice-mail to only click in when the call is unanswered due to no signal, IDmobile signal is quite bad and we are not far out of a major town. Bit ridiculous in this day and age no signals.

However I digress, if my phone is engaged I do not want to forward to voicemail, I want the engaged signal to the caller. Vodafone has the options but I need the ID settings if anyone can help with that?

UPDATE: I tried to use the call forward settings on my phone but of course ID does not support that option.

So I have Forward when busy, I do not want that
I have forward when unanswered, I do not want that
Forward when unreachable, I need that due to poor ID 3 network signal coverage. In my house it might work in one corner or upstairs but not in the lounge or kitchen, very strange setup. 🤓

Thanks 🙄
Userlevel 1
Hi Ryan, we have three OnePlus 3T models, each having a function to set up voicemails see screenshot. However when we try to turn off the settings we want we get a message not supported. If you can help that would be very good and well appreciated. Thank you

Why iD Mobile?