Solved

Phone not working properly after software update

• 1 August 2019
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
My phone (Huawei P20 Pro) received a software update today, which seemed to install correctly. The phone rebooted normally and all my apps etc were still there. But a few minutes later I got another notification that a software update needed installing. But when I went to settings, the software update section showed that the phone is on the latest version, but that a software update with the same release number as the existing needed installed. I started the installation process, which took about 20 seconds to install. But I'm still getting the same update message.

So far I have backed up and factory reset my phone, but the same issue is still happening. Can anyone suggest a possible fix for this or will I need to send the back to id for repair?
icon

Best answer by Gregor 1 August 2019, 09:18

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hey @MichaelM,

I'm glad to see that this has sorted your issue, I'll have to keep that fix in mind for if I or anyone else comes across this issue. 👍🏼

Ryan
I just wish I'd done that before the factory reset. I'm still trying to remember passwords for certain apps and websites 😖

I know what you mean! It can be a proper pain having to work out which passwords work for which accounts. Password manager apps are good, but even those would require a password to gain access I bet 🙈
Userlevel 1
Hey @MichaelM,

I'm glad to see that this has sorted your issue, I'll have to keep that fix in mind for if I or anyone else comes across this issue. 👍🏼

Ryan

I just wish I'd done that before the factory reset. I'm still trying to remember passwords for certain apps and websites 😖
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hey @MichaelM,

Ryan
Userlevel 1
Success. I connected to the HiSuite app and it told me there was another update available. I installed that and when the phone restarted I got a message that a 4.7mb patch was available. So I installed that and everything is hunky dory now.
Userlevel 1
Thanks guys. I'll give them a shout.
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
Thanks @Hikari I think it would be best you call them @MichaelM
Phone the Hotline: 08000 886 700 Mon - Fri 09:00 - 21:00,Sat. 9:00~17:00
Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hey @MichaelM

I would recommend you contacting Huawei directly as it might be an error in their update servers or line of code in the newest update. When you contact them they might be able to fix it remotely without you sending the phone away. This is software based error which should be easy to fix by manufacturer.

Kind Regards

Why iD Mobile?