I just took out a new contract and got a PAC code from my old network to keep my old number.
I got a text from ID saying my number was transferred and it shows up on my dashboard when I log into ID online or with the app.
When I make calls it’s all rosey, my name and transferred number show on the recipients phone, and I can call my phone with the transferred number. Texting on the other hand.....they are sent and received from the original number that the SIM card had, and that number also shows up in settings associated with text messages and my various ‘i’ accounts, and also on the details of my phone under the devices associated with my iCloud account.
As it’s attempting to use two numbers on one phone I can only assume that the porting of the number hasn’t worked properly unless anyone knows better!
Best answer by Gregor
This is actually very easy to fix. It is very common issue with iMessage on apple device.
I will copy it below as well.
The issue here isn't due to iD Mobile but down to the handset you're using. It's an issue caused by Apple handsets.When you port your number in, Apple handsets don't seem to automatically update the number. This causes one of few issues which can be as follows:
• Not being able to send out texts on iMessage
• Messages saying "not delivered" but actually being delivered
• Wrong number showing on texts
There could potentially be other issues.
The fix however, should be very easy.
As you'll see in this topic: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/ios-27/number-has-been-ported-but-can-t-imessage-30268
You'll need to update the number in iMessage:
1) Try turning off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2) then restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3) tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct.
4) If it is not correct, please enter the correct number)
5) then turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages) 6) go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”.
We're expecting this to resolve the issue so I'll mark the topic as resolved preemptively however, if this does not resolve the issue, just let us know here and I'll un-mark this for you and investigate.