Question

Poor indoor coverage

• 27 September 2020
  • 13 replies

I have little or no idoor coverage, but I have an old signal booster from a previous contract with 3. Would I be able to reuse my 3 signal booster to enhance the ID Mobile coverage in my home?

13 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @kevin_o_malley,

We wouldn’t be able to confirm whether or not the booster would work with our network even though we use the Three network infrastructure I’m afraid. You can always give it a try to see if this does make a difference?

Ryan

Userlevel 1

@kevin_o_malley 

Did you try the Three booster? Did it work?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

@kevin_o_malley

Did you try the Three booster? Did it work?

@customer12345, if your handset supports Wi-Fi Calling and you’ve got a Wi-Fi network at home, that’s probably a better alternative.

Vodafone and three used to sell boosters, but have stopped since adding the Wi-Fi Calling service on their networks.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 1

@andewhite Thanks for the suggestion.

I have wifi calling enabled, it works great. I am just curious to know if a femtocell from the parent network would work with an MVNO’s service. Partly nerd curiosity, partly because I’m thinking about redundancy.

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @customer12345,

We wouldn’t be able to advise on it.

But like you say, I’m also curious to see the results @kevin_o_malley got from trying.

Will

I commonly get a very poor indoor signal. Today I have no signal. 

I have wifi calling. However it does not seem to help with call initiation . Is there any way I can improve indoor signal. Can anyone recommend a signal booster that works?

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Daniel Doran, how long have you been with us and when did this start?

Have you tried entering your postcode here? 

Thank you,

Rory

I too have a very weak signal indoors which Wi-Fi calling does not make any improvement. I also have an old 3 network home booster but cannot use that as it needs a sim and also your number needs to be authorised by the network provider. Do you have any femtocell boosters? or is this something I’ll have to put up with

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I too have a very weak signal indoors which Wi-Fi calling does not make any improvement. I also have an old 3 network home booster but cannot use that as it needs a sim and also your number needs to be authorised by the network provider. Do you have any femtocell boosters? or is this something I’ll have to put up with

Unfortunately, iD Mobile don’t have boosters available @Tich58. 

Over the last few years, UK service providers have been providing WiFi Calling services as the solution to weak or non-existent indoor mobile network signals.

This has been great in my case, as I’m in a mobile not-spot. Using WiFi Calling has keep me connected, but I guess this is only an option if you’ve got a Wi-Fi network at home courtesy of your landline broadband service.

Good luck @Tich58.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Tich58 

We’d advise the same as @andewhite above, we don’t support any mobile signal boosters unfortunately, is the issue with your signal a recent finding or has this always happened while on iD Mobile?

Tom

It has always been a problem indoors & the wi go calling doesn’t seem to improve it. Can you send me a link to get the up-to-date settings and I’ll see if that improves it

thanks

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/wifi-calling

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

If you are on a SIM only contract, you may be on a monthly rolling contract, in which case, you can cancel at any time with 30-days notice.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?