port

• 15 June 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

I was with 3 Mobile and sent request for port to ID Mobile through their App last Friday. Today my 3 mobile sim stopped working but My number hasn’t ported yet. What to do, as I am missing my important calls in my 3 mobile number.

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

When you dial out using the ID Mobile SIM do you see your old 3 number as the caller ID?

If so, the port is probably still under way and you will need to be patient until it completes.

Userlevel 1

Yes, I can still see my ID mobile number as the caller is. Could you tell me how long the process takes, as while applying through the app, message came  it will be done in 2 working days.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I’m confused..

I asked:

When you dial out using the ID Mobile SIM do you see your old 3 number as the caller ID?

You replied with:

Yes, I can still see my ID mobile number as the caller is

So your answer to my question is no?

If you dial out using the ID Mobile SIM and you see the new ID Mobile number and NOT your old three number you want to keep then something is a miss! Did you submit a PAC or STAC code? A PAC requests the number be transferred to ID Mobile but a STAC requests the number & account be terminated.

Try turning off the phone and turning it back on...

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Usually the gaining network completes the porting process first thing that morning. What this means is that when you call out using the gaining providers SIM your old number that you want to keep is displayed. Later in the day, the losing provider completes their part of the port and  terminates your old account. This results in no downtime and so the customer can continue to make and receive calls until the process is complete.

The process may be different when porting from Three to ID Mobile though. Technically you’re not porting the number anywhere as ID Mobile use the Three network and so it's likely that the porting process here is just a case of various administration duties.

A bit of research suggests that you could be without service for up to 4 hours while this completes.

Userlevel 1

Sorry for the confusion Paul.

I had a 3 mobile number, the contract has ended and now I want to continue with the same number and not the ID Mobile number. Hence, I took a PAC code from 3 Mobile and shared the same with ID Mobile. After submitting the request, I received message that it will be done on 15th June 2021.

So, now my 3 mobile number is not working and I can use my IDmobile number but it is still the old ID Mobile number not the 3 Mobile number which I requested to port.

Regards

Sourav

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

OK no worries.

I’m not familiar with same network ports as technically there is no such thing, but having searched on Google others who have “ported” from an old network to a new MVNO network that uses the same network have reported a similar process to what you describe above. Posts on those forum mentioned that their old number had been disconnected and that they were without service for up to 4 hours. As such, I don’t think you have anything to worry about. As annoying as it is to not be able to receive calls during period the. important thing is that the number port goes ahead and you don’t lose your number or end up without service for an extended period of time.

Let us know at 4pm if everything is up and running again.

Userlevel 1

Thanks Paul for your responses. I will let you know around 4PM.

Regards,

Soura

Userlevel 1

Hi Paul,

Just to inform you that porting has been done.

Thanks for your support

Regards,

Sourav

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Great news! 👍

Why iD Mobile?