Solved

Port issue from 3

• 3 September 2019
  • 3 replies

After 3 working days, my port from 3 to ID is still causing problems. I can make calls but still cannot receive them. Instead they all go to voicemail. What is taking so long? Very poor service and chatline is closed in the evening! Help...
icon

Best answer by Ryan 6 September 2019, 16:35

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10
Good day @NickP

First off the bat, we're truly sorry to hear of the problems you've faced with the number port there.

Have you turned the phone off and on at all in the past 24 hours, to see if that helps refresh anything?
What phone is it you're using?
Have you raised this to our Customer Services Team at all since you originally made the porting request?

Please let us know and we'll do what we can to help here.
I'm using an android 6 phone. I first requested the port on Thursday 29th August after 8.30pm so I thought everything would be sorted by Monday evening because that covers 2 working days. On a chatline I was told full operation would occur next day but Tuesday evening came and still problems with receiving calls. Everything going to voicemail.
Update - my phone managed to take an incoming call Wednesday morning! However, Settings > SimCard is still showing 3UK, not iD and my ported number is "unknown" on my mobile.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi Nick,

I'm glad to hear that the calls have started working. Some phones may not display the ported number within the settings as they often read the phone number that came with the SIM card originally, or it'll show nothing at all as is the case with your phone there. There aren't any settings that we can change to make is display the ported number I'm afraid but it won't affect anything anyway and we can only hope that it updates over time.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?