Solved

Porting issues from EE

• 13 April 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Morning, my number ported over 72 hours ago and making and receiving calls are fine, but text messages are still going from my ID number and can’t receive texts to the ported number, iPhone XS and have rebooted several times, any ideas??? Really regretting leaving EE at the moment
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 15 April 2019, 18:08

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

No problem @Basher1471,

Glad that you were able to resolve this!

Mohammed
Hi is there an android (Samsung Galaxy Ace 4) equivalent of this solution?

My existing ee number was ported over, my phone/sim worked great for 24hrs but now I can not make or receive texts or calls!

Hi Ste.

I've replied elsewhere to this question here
No problem @Basher1471,

Mohammed

Hi is there an android (Samsung Galaxy Ace 4) equivalent of this solution?

My existing ee number was ported over, my phone/sim worked great for 24hrs but now I can not make or receive texts or calls!
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
No problem @Basher1471,

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
Thanks for that I found the answer on the internet yesterday on an apple forum, once again thanks for the reply
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Basher1471,

The issue here isn't due to iD Mobile but down to the handset you're using. It's an issue caused by Apple handsets.

When you port your number in, Apple handsets don't seem to automatically update the number. This causes one of few issues which can be as follows:

• Not being able to send out texts on iMessage
• Messages saying "not delivered" but actually being delivered
• Wrong number showing on texts

There could potentially be other issues.
The fix however, should be very easy.

As you'll see in this topic: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/ios-27/number-has-been-ported-but-can-t-imessage-30268

You'll need to update the number in iMessage:
1) Try turning off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2) then restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3) tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct.
4) If it is not correct, please enter the correct number)
5) then turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6) go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”.

We're expecting this to resolve the issue so I'll mark the topic as resolved preemptively however, if this does not resolve the issue, just let us know here and I'll un-mark this for you and investigate.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?