Question

Porting number and keeping rollover

I have two mobile contracts and I want to reduce to one. My main number is with GiffGaff the secondary number is with ID. 

If I port my main number from GiffGaff to ID will I lose the rolled over data on my current ID number/account?

If so, I will just cancel the ID account altogether, hoping I can stay with ID though. 

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Do giffgaff do rollover data?

If rollover data is really important to you, shouldn’t you be using Sky Mobile?

I have rolled over data on my existing ID Mobile number/account.

I am asking if I get a PAC code from GiffGaff to move my main number from them to ID, do I lose the rolled over data that is already on my existing ID Mobile account/number?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I have rolled over data on my existing ID Mobile number/account.

I am asking if I get a PAC code from GiffGaff to move my main number from them to ID, do I lose the rolled over data that is already on my existing ID Mobile account/number?

Okay @Michael Coates, I’m sorry but can’t answer that specific question.

I’d speculate that you’d keep your rollover data, because you’re not terminating the iD plan, just changing the number. I’m guessing rollover data is linked to an iD account not the account’s mobile number.

Anyway, hang on for a response from an iD Mobile employee - just curious to know why rollover data is such a seemingly big issue.

Good luck.

Rollover data is not a “big issue”, I just want to know what happens if I take certain courses of action.

I don’t need 2 phone numbers, 2 contracts and, 2 bills anymore, so I wanted to figure out which is best one to cancel.

But given ID seem disinclined to answer my question, I’ll probably just cancel ID and keep GiffGaff.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I think giffgaff’s customer service is marginally better.

The iD Community is only an online forum for iD customers to help one another, in the absence of help from iD themselves.

Use the iD online chat service, at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat, if you want them to respond.

The iD customer service agents work 9am - 8pm weekdays, and 9am - 6pm weekends (and bank holidays). Outside these periods, the iD support is entirely automated.

Why iD Mobile?