Question

Porting number over to new ID Mobile account

Userlevel 1

Hi, I recently got a new sim only 30 day contract.  I have setup my account using the ID mobile app and it shows my correct allowances etc, but I cannot seem to submit a PAC from my old network.  Everytime I do so it comes back with an error saying the PAC is invalid.  I checked and it is correct and valid until 30/07/2022.

I’ve recently noticed the number is now unavailable on my old sim and so seems stuck in the transfer process.  It has not yet ported over to my ID Mobile sim..

Please help!

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @CRTC, what date were you given for your mobile number port completing?

There can be a loss of service, for several hours or longer, on the day your number ports.

It takes the old and new providers some time to exchange files and sort things out, between your old provider’s SIM becoming inactive, and the number being active on your iD SIM.

When I ported to iD, I had no service for a 5 hour period on the day my number was ported.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’ve recently noticed the number is now unavailable on my old sim and so seems stuck in the transfer process.  It has not yet ported over to my ID Mobile sim..

Please help!

I suggest you turn OFF your iD handset, but keep checking once every hour for network service.

Anyway, I hope your port goes smoothly. 

Userlevel 1

I’ve not received a message from ID about the date it would complete.  The last message received was on the 8th of July telling me my new number has been activated.  I’ve since tried to submit the PAC but it keeps showing an error about it being invalid.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’ve not received a message from ID about the date it would complete.  The last message received was on the 8th of July telling me my new number has been activated.  I’ve since tried to submit the PAC but it keeps showing an error about it being invalid.

You can only use a PAC once - and before it expires (they’re only valid for 30 days after being issued).

You mentioned your old provider have deactivated your old SIM - is this correct?

Have you used the PAC, which expires on 30/07/2022 yet?

Userlevel 1

Yes, I entered the {AC into the id mobile form on the website.   I was expecting the old number to be available earlier this week, but it has not yet transferred over.  Trying to ring the number in question results in a message saying “number not recognised”.  I’ve not had any messages from ID after the one saying your line is activated which was received 8 July.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Oh dear @CRTC, it sounds like your number port has not worked.
Your old provider seems to have deactivated your old SIM - but your number doesn’t work with iD Mobile yet.

I would talk to iD customer service immediately, using online chat at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat.

The iD customer service agents are available 9am - 8pm weekdays, and 9am - 6pm weekends (and bank holidays).

Good luck - I hope you get your number back in service soon.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yes, I entered the {AC into the id mobile form on the website.   I was expecting the old number to be available earlier this week, but it has not yet transferred over.  Trying to ring the number in question results in a message saying “number not recognised”.  I’ve not had any messages from ID after the one saying your line is activated which was received 8 July.

It’s worth turning your phone OFF for at least 30 minutes, which might help fix things.

If that doesn’t work, try a Network Reset on your handset - your phone’s user guide should tell you how to do this.

Good luck. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks - just tried the chat but seem only to get the bot.  No option it seems to talk to anyone.  I will wait to see if it transfers over, and try the chat on Monday.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Just type “talk to a person” in the online chat - you’ll get through to an agent that way.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 1

Just type “talk to a person” in the online chat - you’ll get through to an agent that way.

Anyway, good luck.

Ah ok, thanks for the tip - I am discussing the issue with an agent :)

Userlevel 1

Ok, update - apparently an error occurred during the transfer so technical team need to assist/resolve.

Thank you for your support  - hopefully the issue will be fixed soon.😌

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

How strange that iD did not inform you about the problem.

The gaining service provider (iD) is supposed to keep the customer informed about the number port, as per OFCOM rules about mobile number porting.

Sadly, each time I’ve needed assistance from the iD technical support team, it’s taken ages to get things fixed.

I hope you enjoy better luck.
🤞

Why iD Mobile?