Question

porting problem

• 20 November 2020
  • 1 reply

My vodafone (VF) contract expires on 05/12/202 with iphone1

I contracted with ID and received ID sim which i put iphone2 and it worked.

I tried ID Sim in iphone 1 and it works too. Established neither iphone is locked.

I ported my VF number by filling in online ID porting form.

ID app shows porting will take place on 19/11/2020. Spoke to VF who confirmed VF number would be ported to ID by 19/11/2020.

20/11/2020 - ID sim does not accept calls whether calling original ID sim number or ported number. 

BUT i can call out from ID sim and receivers phone shows the ported number.  

Q1- If my number has been ported from VF to ID then why is the VF still ringing as normal.

Q2- Why does ID SIM not accept calls on original ID sim number or ported number from VF.

Q3- Why does ID SIM show up as ported number is used.

Effectively, two sims with same number here. 

PROBLEM- Cannot use ID sim as it will not accept calls on original or ported number.

MAYBE, ID sim only fully works once VF contract expires on 05/12/2020????? ?Until then the VF number may continue. But that doesn't quite make sense, if the number is ported the number is ported from original provider……. surely??PS

P.S.-  I have, as suggested online, changed number in settings to ported number and re-started phone. Still no difference. 

PLEASE ADVISE BEST COURSE OF ACTION TO GET ID SIM WORKING WITH MY PORTED NUMBER.

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @KB PROPERTY CONSULTANTS,

A number port should be fully working within 48 hours of it being accepted so if there is a weekend during this time, it may take until the following Monday for it to work.

Also, please ensure that all settings on the iPhone are correct, especially if it has been used with another network SIM card in the past. Please try the below steps:

1)    Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2)    Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3)    Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4)    If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5)    Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6)    Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”. 

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?