Question

private number on all of my incoming calls

• 28 August 2021
  • 7 replies

Hi, every time I get a call my phone displays the number as private, even if the numbers are in my contacts. I have checked all my phone settings and  there seems to be no settings on my phone to make incoming calls private. So I dont know what's going on with my phone. Also none of my contacts have set their numbers as private so that is not the problem.

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 1

I have exactly the same issue, changed phone and issue remain, so its not a phone problem. Every call is  shown as Private number, no matter the type or origin (landline call, mobile, even international numbers).

Maybe I should get a new sim then?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @r.scholes74,

CLI (calling line identity) is on by default for UK mobile networks; the caller can choose to hide their line identity (number) using #31# as a prefix when calling, but it seems unlikely everyone calling you is doing this.

Unless you’ve got an app on your phone doing this, your SIM might not be properly registered on iD’s mobile network.

It might be worth asking for a replacement SIM, but you might need to request this via iD customer services using Live Chat or the iD social media channels.

For iD Live Chat visit following page:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/live-chat

You might need your customer service PIN, and also tell the chat bot “talk to a person”. Customer service personnel answer from 9am to 6pm at weekends and on bank holidays.

Good luck!

Userlevel 1

This is also happening to me, any ideas how to fix it???

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Fanta,

Have you tried your SIM in a different handset to see if that makes a difference?

It may also be worth removing the SIM and leaving the handset off for a few minutes before inserting the SIM and restarting.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi @Fanta,

Have you tried your SIM in a different handset to see if that makes a difference?

It may also be worth removing the SIM and leaving the handset off for a few minutes before inserting the SIM and restarting.

Kash

Yea and I'm still having the same problem 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Fanta

What’s make and model is your smartphone?

^AW

Why iD Mobile?