Question

Problems with ID Mobile in France?

• 27 July 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi All,

I’ve had an ID mobile PAYG SIM in my iPhone 7 for quiate a while and when I was in the UK it was great. I came to France and for various reason have stayed for a long time, and so never topped the UK phone up. I’m coming back at the weekend so contacted ID to see if the SIM was still active before I topped up, it was, so I topped up and bought a bundle. The credit shows on my account, but the phone is only working whilst on wifi, even with mobile dat on and roaming selected. I cannot send a text, and cannot activate iMessage or Facetime?

I updated the phone, reset the network adaptor, restarted the phone, but no joy. I’ve tried turning off iMessage and Facetime and loggging out of my Apple ID powering down and restarting, didn’t help. Powered it down removed, removed the SIM, waited almost an hour, put the SIM back in and repeated the above, and still an iMessage activation error?

I think for some reason the top up (done yesterday) isn’t arriving at my phone, as I can accees email, FB etc with Wifi. Could the fact I’m in France at the moment be the issue, I’ve topped up previously from here without issue?

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sometimes the mobile data APN is set incorrectly when roaming in France.

The online “What is roaming and how does it work?” community FAQ has more about manually setting the APN.

Good luck.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey @PapaG, sounds like you’ve done a fair bit of troubleshooting already, so I’d recommend speaking to the FacebookTwitter or Live Chat teams who can take a look at your account.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?