Question

Problems with live chat

• 24 August 2020
  • 8 replies

Has anyone else had a problem access live chat?  I don’t seem to be able to access it at all.  I have tried calling iD, but I get an automated response, which tells me to use the live chat or iD Community!  Any suggestions on how to speak to someone would be gratefully received.  Thank you.

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hey @VCartmell I am sorry to hear you have been unable to get a hold of us. Our ‘Live Chat’ function is the best way to contact us. The Live Chat can be found directly on the iD Mobile website and will only become visible to you, when an agent is available. 

It’s great that you have come to the Community to ask your question, in the meantime you can continue to try and access our Live Chat. Alternatively, someone from the team will contact you here as soon as they become available. 

For other ways on how to contact us and helpful tips on potential problems you may be facing you can search the community or read this useful post here

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @VCartmell 

If you could give us a brief summary of what you need our help with, we’ll be happy to help you here.

If need be, we’ll reach out via private message if you’ve been unlucky with reaching our Live Chat Team.

Hello

Thank you for replying.  I am still unable to see the live chat.  I would be grateful if I could receive a private message.  My sim card has been deactivated since I have upgraded, despite being told that the current sim card I had would work as normal and the new sim card that would be sent could just be used as a spare.  I am not currently at my address and therefore unable to collect the other sim that seems to have been activated in place of my current one.

Thank you.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @VCartmell, are you in a position to visit a Carphone Warehouse top collect one if we can arrange that for you?

Will

Unfortunately I am not currently in the UK, however my daughter and husband are and have my phone.  In fact they have already tried to go to car phone warehouse, but were told that because the policy is in my name they can’t issue a new sim.  Please may I have a number that I can call to explain further.  Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @VCartmell,

We don’t have a number of contact we can provide, however, we can get a PM sent over to issue a replacement SIM to you instead if you like?

If you’re able to get someone to accept the delivery of this, you can then activate the SIM.

Let us know if this is suitable?

Mohammed

Can I give you a different address that is registered to my account, but within the UK?  

Thank you

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Howdy @VCartmell 

We’ll send you a private message here now so that we can help you get a replacement SIM.

We should have no problems sending that to a UK address for you, so that you can have a friend/ family member forward that on to you as needed.

Why iD Mobile?