Solved

Prove phone ownershiop

• 11 July 2019
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
I can't find any documentation relating to the upgrade phone I got and I now need it to prove ownership to the insurance company. How can I get it?
icon

Best answer by terrywebbs 12 July 2019, 19:04

View original

1 reply

Badge +10

Hi Welcome to the ID Community

You might need to ask the insurance company for more clarification on what they need and in what format they need it, and most importantly how long do you have to get it?

You might need a proof of usage document and NOT a proof of purchase document.
Your insurance company may require this document to see that your phone has been in use since you took out the policy with them. This document must include the following details:
- Mobile Provider Letter head/ logo
- Your name and address
- Your make and model of phone
- Your IMEI number
- The first and last date your IMEI was used on their network

Insurance companies will not accept a forwarded email of the above details.
So you will need a pdf document or a hard paper copy.

I suggest you get in touch with chat and ask for:
a Subject Access Request of all IMEI numbers used on your sim/Account
The Data Protection Act covers you for such a request

Click this link here for Live Chat. Once open, the Live Chat feature can be activated by pressing the button on the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
Agents are available between:
9am - 8pm Monday to Friday.
9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

Alternatively, you can call us for free on 7777 using your iD phone.
Or you can call 0333 003 7777 from a landline or other mobile phone (charges may vary).

If your problems persist beyond 24 hours, please get in touch with our Social Media Team over at:
facebook.com/idmobileuk/
twitter.com/id_mobile_uk

The Social Media team are reachable from:
8 am until 8 pm during the week.
9 am to 5:30 pm on weekends.

If you have no luck contacting ID Mobile you can always send an email to the support team.
In order they can access your iD account please email  with your Community Username, Full Name, Full Address, iD Mobile Number and Date of Birth and they well have this sorted. They usually reply and have many issues sorted within 24hrs.

Why iD Mobile?