Question

Receiving texts

• 15 June 2019
  • 5 replies

I'm not receiving some texts from a lot of people, some times I do get them and sometimes I don't.

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hi maqama,

Are you using an iPhone or did you previously use one? You may need to deregister from iMessage as this may be causing an issue with texts from iPhone users.

https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/

If this is not the problem, let us know if you are able to text and call these people ok and if they can call you or not.
Have you recently changed the number on your account?

Phil
Hello I can call and text these people without issue, they always receive them. I have recently changed phones, but both my old and new ones are android.
Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hi maqama,

Have you got the time and date set automatically on your phone?
Do you receive any notification but not see the text?

Can you send texts to yourself ok?
Do you have your old phone to test if this issue is related to your new phone or not?

Phil
Okay so the date and time is set automatically on my phone.
I don't receive any notification.

I have sent a text to myself and received it instantly.
Unfortunately I don't have my old phone, so can't tell whether that's the issue or not, but are you saying that it could be? I lost my old phone so had a new SIM card sent as well as buying a new phone. Also I learnt yesterday that somebody left an ansaphone message for me, but I didn't get that either.
Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Thanks, it's good that your own texts are coming through ok.

It's difficult to determine what could be the cause of this issue but testing a different phone might help.
It's unexpected to have a problem like this on your account occur if there's been no other changes recently.

Can you determine any pattern to these missing texts? Do the texts you have sent to these people show up in the conversation as expected?
Have you changed your number at all recently?

Phil

Why iD Mobile?