Solved

Register code without a phone

• 13 April 2021
  • 9 replies

How do I get a code to register to create an account, as  I am using the SIM in a 4G router, not a phone, so cannot receive a code

icon

Best answer by Mohsin 18 April 2021, 15:58

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @davequ 

You will need to enter the sim inside a Mobile device where you can receive a code through text message and log into your iD Mobile App. Once done, you can put the sim back inside the router. 

-Mohsin

Unfortunately the phone I have is nano-sim, but the router is micro, so incompatible

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @davequ

Our SIM cards are 3-in-1 so you should be able to pop out the smaller size but keep the outer part to put back in later.

Let us know how you get on.

Mohammed

Thanks - didn’t realise you could re-use the cut-out, and so unfortunately I threw all those ‘clearly no-longer needed’ bits away!

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @davequ 

If you already using the Micro sim, you should be able to push the nano sim out of the Micro sim and use it in your phone. You can then Pop the nano sim inside the Micro sim cut out and re-use it in your router. If for any reason this does not work, feel free to contact our Live Chat | iD Mobile Network team who will be able to send you out a replacement sim card.

-Mohsin

Thank you - Live Chat have quickly agreed to send me a replacement SIM. Over & Out!

But just realised I didnt need to do that! Could do just what you suggested - which I will do & forget the replacement

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Yes @davequ You can carry on using the same sim card. However, if that doesnt work in your phone then just wait for the replacement sim to arrive.

-Mohsin

Popping the card in and out of its cardboard surround worked fine. Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

That is great to hear @davequ Feel free to message us for any other issues you may have.

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?