Question

Registration problems & Number transfer

• 15 August 2018
  • 1 reply

Just switched to iD and need to register so I can transfer my old number (I have my PAC). My new phone is still operating on my old number.
When I enter my old number on the registration page an error message comes up as presumably it isn't recognised.
When I enter my new iD number I'm told a text has been sent with a security code but obviously I can't receive it as my phone is still on my old number.
No agents available for online chats. Can anybody help me stop going round in circles?

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +10
Hi @MikeScaz and sorry to hear you've been running around in some circles above.

Have you since yesterday had this resolved?

---

For future reference for anyone passing by this topic though, I'll drop some details that could hopefully be helpful to yourself or others.

With number transfers and new ID SIM's...

When you're registering on the ID Mobile website or App, you should always enter the ID Mobile number that has come with the SIM (even though that number will be temporary to you). We would always suggest using the ID Mobile SIM too. Had you been using the new ID SIM, you should have been able to receive that text message code.

Once you're within the App or the website, you can then submit your PAC (code) within there to ensure the old number is brought over to us, and the old network account you had is disconnected.

Please by all means fire away with any other questions in case I've missed anything though.

Kevin

Why iD Mobile?