Question

Removing a Default from my Credit File

Good afternoon,

I really hope that this channel will provide the support I’ve been trying to get. I have two defaults on my credit file from ID mobile for two sims I obtained for my children in 2016, mere £5 p/month sims should they have needed to reach me, and which they never used. 

The contracts ended  August 2017, and I replaced the sims with O2 sims on a family account. In 2021 I realised that I’ve been paying for the sims for 4 years after the contracts ended and I stopped the direct debit as I was no longer tied into a contract and have not used any of the sims for 4 years. I have changed my address in the meantime and received one letter forwarded from my old address with a ‘final settlement offer’ for £14.88, which I paid on 31st August 2021 as it threatened legal action. I believed that it was the end of my ID Mobile experience, however I realised later that ID mobile applied TWO defaults on my credit file on 6th September 2021 (after I made the payment!). I phoned on 28th October 2021 and spoke to Wade at 17:00, who agreed it doesn’t seem right that a default was applied after an account was settled but ‘unfortunately he wasn’t in a position to do anything about it’. 

I have been incredibly diligent with my finances over many many years, and had an Experian credit score of 999, and ID Mobile has wiped out my entire credit score in one fell swoop with reckless defaults even after an account has been fully settled. Not one email or phone call. 

I’m now in a position where I was declined a mortgage due to a mark on my credit score (a bloody stain left by ID Mobile for a mere £14.88).

I have always worked hard to maintain a good credit score, and to think that a £5 monthly sim which leads to an outstanding default amount of £14.88, and one of which that I was never informed of (you could have emailed / phoned) is devastating and it is having a disproportionate impact on my life and my family’s future.

If you are able to help with this then that would be great,

Thanks,

Jonel

This topic has been closed for comments

26 replies

Userlevel 1

I’ve seen the message and replied. Many thanks 

Why iD Mobile?