Solved

Replacement Sim Activation Failed

• 23 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I used the online activation system for my replacement Sim (Change in  Plan already with iD Mobile ) whilst the old sim was still in the phone. Having completed the activation process I then put the replacement sim in the phone. The phone now shows ‘No Service’.

How do I get it to connect to system ?

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 23 June 2021, 19:43

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Are you sure you inserted the new SIM and not the old one? If you did, try inserting the old SIM again and see if it’s still active. If it is, the activation process wasn’t successful and I recommend you try activating it again.

Userlevel 1

The phone ICCID number is the same as the number on the sim surround so the new sim is in the phone.

Have done as suggested and put the old sim back in but all I get is ‘No Service’

I then put the new sim back in and the phone now talk’s to the network so perhaps it was not seated right the first time.

Thanks for the help

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Glad to read that you got it working! 👍

Userlevel 1

i ported my number over 7 days ago. that first SIM card was defective. I ordered a new one. After that arrived, i had it activated and just found out activation failed. so i have to wait another 24 to 48 hours for the technical team  to get in touch with me.  so 8 days on, i cant make or receive calls, texts or even use data. What an incredibly bad start with ID Mobile

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @wchoi716 ,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?