Question

Replacement Sim Needed (Keep Same Number)

• 28 March 2020
  • 3 replies

I requested a replacement sim before ID shut down due to the covid-19 situation. I want to remain on the same sim only plan that I am on, and keep my original number. I can’t seem to find a place to obtain a replacement sim, only different sim deals from ID mobile that I would need to purchase. This is the same when going to carphone warehouse online, I can only see different sim deals, whereas I want the same sim deal. I just want to replace my sim as I lost my phone and have since purchased a new one. Can anybody help with this?

Thanks,

Donald

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hey @Donald1995,

Thanks for getting in touch. We can send you a blank SIM card which we simply activate on your account so that you keep the same number and plan. Due to the Coronavirus, we’ve had to close some support channels which we do apologise for. If you haven’t received the replacement SIM mentioned in your post then please email us  with your full name, full address, date of birth and iD Mobile phone number and we’ll help you out as soon as we can.

If the new SIM card arrives in the meantime, please visit https://my.idmobile.co.uk/web/cpw/sim-swap in order to activate the replacement SIM card.

Ryan

My mobile keeps having ‘no service’ and on checking with Carphone Warehouse I’ve been advised to contact you to order a new sim with the same number.  Can you please send me one?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @HORRILL,

Sorry to hear that.

Can you give us a bit more information on this.

How long have you had the issue and have you tried the services away from home at all?

Please also try powering down the handset, removing the SIM and restarting and re-inserting the SIM.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?