Solved

Restricted access in USA

• 15 February 2020
  • 4 replies

I'm in Miami Florida, no phone network access, autoselect has picked AT&T, I have signal strength but there is a small R above the triangle, I can't text or phone. On my ID account I have roaming, international, and premium enabled, I also have a large increased credit cap and lots of text, voice and data available. On my Android device I have roaming enabled. I can't think of what else to try?

icon

Best answer by Gregor 15 February 2020, 11:40

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @comishr 

Small R next to the triangle means that you are correctly connected while Roaming. It's a good thing to see R in there while abroad.

My suggestion, not sure if this will help but it's it's worth to try.

Maybe editing number of there person you trying to text and add +44 instead of 0 would help. You know like when you have 0799.... Change it to +44799… (in case if you trying to call British number).

Kind Regards

Gregor

Hi Gregor, wow! Thanks for the info, so I am in fine network shape? My phone book must be in bad shape, it is a USA number I am trying to contact, amongst several others, so the entry is like (it's not the real one but the format  is as put in my contacts) 7867972634, what should it look like instead? I will go ask Google anyways whilst I await your reply, if I get it to work I will attach some cake here as a reward 😁
All the best,

C

Gregor! Ha ha, I chucked +1 in front of that USA number and now it works mighty fine! You are my hero! Sorry this cake ain't real: 🍰 but things are tasting damned good here now! You are a phone super hero!

Thanks so much

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @comishr 

For USA number is +1 or 001 and then number of the person you want to text or call. 00 is equivalent of + in this occasion so you can use either of them. 

You can visit this iD Mobile page here and tap "International" then choose the country and it will show you the prefix needed to make a connection with that number like on the screenshot below.

Kind Regards

Gregor

Update:

I am glad I could help. I will mark this topic as resolved :-)

If you have any more questions do not hesitate to ask, we are here to help :-)

Why iD Mobile?