Question

Retained number

• 21 October 2020
  • 3 replies

I have been really frustrated trying to get to the bottom of his ‘simple ’query. 

About 10 days or so ago my iD contract ended and I decided to go for iD Sim only.

I now find that I am unable to receive calls to my phone, apparently my number has been changed.

I do not want the number changed I want the old number back.

CHAT was no use at all, preferring to change me to Pay as you go, Why?/

If I don’t have my old number back I shall seek an alternative provider, fed up of trying to get to speak to someone at iD. You are supposed to be a PHONE company, but apparently you don’t us PHONES. 

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Brin 

The only way your number would change would be

• if you spoke to someone at iD Mobile and asked for a Number Change Request (something people who are being harassed tend to look at doing).
  • if you ported a number to us by using a PAC (code) you had received from another provider and submitted in your My Account area.

Also, if you were to simply go on to our website and buy a brand new SIM-only contract, that too would always come with a new number.

If you have logged in to your old account, and done a plan change to a rolling 30-day SIM-only one, then your number should remain the same and all that would change would be your tariff.

Nevertheless, we’ll send you a private message on here now so that we can take a look into what has happened for you.

Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages.

I do believe this matter has now been resolved - after spending the best part of an hour on CHAT.

Pity it was necessary.

Thanks anyway

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

We’re sorry things didn’t get resolved as timely there as we’d all have liked @Brin 

If you do need any follow up help, just get in touch here and we’ll be happy to help.

Why iD Mobile?