Question

Retrieving the old number.

• 20 February 2021
  • 7 replies

Hi,

I left ID Mobile in the end of October 2020. Now, I would like to return to you. However, I would like to retrieve my old number, which seems to be still assigned to my account (I can see it, when I log in to my account).

Is that possible? How can I do that?

Regards,

toster3d

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @toster3d ,

We can check this out for you.

When you left iD Mobile did you terminate the contract without taking the number to a different network?

Thanks,

Kash

Hi @Kash,

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, that is right. I did not transfer the number to any other network. I just terminated the contract.

Regards,

toster3d

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @toster3d 

Unfortunately, you can not retrieve that old number back. If you had ported the number out to another network, then you could have taken out a new sim with iD Mobile and ported the number back to the new iD sim. However, as the disconnection has taken place, that number will no longer be active and can not be retrieved. Sorry about that.

-Mohsin

Hi @Mohsin 

Thank you for your reply.

I apologize if my next question is a bit naive, but what if I started a contract with another network today, asked them to transfer my old number (the one I want to retrieve) and transfer the number to ID next month or so? Would that work? Or is that number simply no longer accesible in any way?

Regards,

toster3d

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @toster3d 

Unfortunately, this will not work either as you don't actually have access to the iD number anymore, you can not request a ‘PAC code’ which is needed to Port out to a different network. We can no provide a PAC code for a number that has been disconnected.

-Mohsin

Hi @Mohsin 

That’s too bad, but thanks again for yot support.

Regards,

toster3d

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

No problem @toster3d 

Feel free to message us for any issues you may have. Take care

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?