Solved

How can I find out Roaming usage vs Non-Roaming Usage?

• 17 August 2022
  • 8 replies

I am on an unlimited data package in uk with roaming enabled. How can I see how much data I am using abroad?  

icon

Best answer by andewhite 22 August 2022, 13:30

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Ursula van, whereabouts will you be using phone abroad?

The location is likely to influence the amount you’ll be prepared to use.

If you’re in one of iD’s 50 inclusive roam like at home, across the EU and beyond, then the amount of data you can use is determined by iD Mobile’s open data policy.

Calculate your data allowance at www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/eu-roaming/fair-usage-policy.

Scroll down to the “Open data policy” section and use the online calculator.

To see how much data you’re actually using, look in the iD app or your iD My Account online.

I know what the fair usage allowance is, but where in the App does it tell me how much I have used?  

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I know what the fair usage allowance is, but where in the App does it tell me how much I have used?  

It’s normally in the “My allowances.” section - at least it was in the online iD My Account.

I believe it’s also shown in the iD app, though I’ve never used the iD app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Ursula van,

When you log into the app/account you will be able to see your remaining allowance.

Mohammed

Please tell me how to find roaming data usage on the App.  I have looked right through the App but can’t find it. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Please tell me how to find roaming data usage on the App.  I have looked right through the App but can’t find it. 

The iD app does not distinguish between non-roaming and roaming usage.

All you can see in the iD app is amount you’ve used from your current data allowance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Ursula van 

As @andewhite suggests the iD Mobile App doesn’t split the roaming and non-roaming usage. I’d recommend possibly dialing “7777” from the device which will read out your allowances through the automated service, I’m unsure however if this would tell you how much data you’ve used roaming vs non-roaming.

Tom

Thanks for the responses. It seems that it is not possible to monitor roaming usage. This is the only downside that I have found so far to ID!  

Why iD Mobile?